3DCoat Forums

[Feature] 3 step rectangle tool

dimitrineron

Hi my name is dimitri I am a concept artist at gearbox, and i will like to propose a feature that will make 3dcoat even more enjoyable. 

right now we have a rectangle an a free rectangle to do differente operation. But sometimes those tool don't allow you to be efficient in angular or rotated action.

The feature that I will like to propose will be a 3 step rectangular tool that will be like:

-1 click and drag to a line to define the length and the angle that you looking for 

-2 release (or use a modifier key) it to activate the thickness of the rectangle 

-3 re click or use modifier key to vary the roundness of the corner of the rectangle (filet action) (slot shape)

this tool will able us to be more flexible and be more efficient, when it come to modeling hard surface or organic.

the only way right to obtain the same result is to use the primitive rectangle tool, but doing so it will interrupt the flow and process, and will also not be compatible with tool such as Vox Hide,Slit, Sphere Etc.

Thank you to looking into it if you see any interest in that feature and keep the good work!!!

Have a nice day.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Feature] 3 step rectangle tool