3DCoat Forums

4K is blurry

nobackup

• Advanced Member

3d coat running on 4K is blurry....it looks like its just up-scaling a 1080p image.  Desktop settings are correct (photoshop runs fine in 4K), and anti-aliasing is set to application controlled in the nvidia settings.  Running 4.8.04.  Any ideas on how to sharpen things up?

2018-02-27_10h51_25.png

Edited by nobackup

• Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi

Are you using latest version 4.8.10 ?

One of 4.8 key feature is 4K monitors support. Now UI elements and font size will automatically fit your screen resolution.

Thanks for the reply Carlosan.  I've downloaded .10, but the problem persists...see attached screengrab. 

2018-02-27_11h26_43.png

• Advanced Member

ok I think I found a fix...toggling the 'scale and layout'  setting  off an on, under display properties seems to work.   Looks like it was a display scaling issue with windows.   Edit:  i've been playing with all the scaling values...it seems like 3D coat simply doesn't scale well with the windows...anything more than 125 percent scaling just starts to get blurry.  As I mentioned above other programs like Photoshop don't have this issue. 

Edited by nobackup

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem on a 4k screen with 250% UI. If Windows scaling is on, 3D Coat is blurry. If Windows scaling is off, 3D Coat is super small. With font size option changed to Large, UI elements and text are still super small.

So both of these options provide a painful experience. 3D Coat is not the only app with such a problem, but most of the other software I use has been updated to support high DPI scaling. And 3D Coat would definitely benefit from the details which HiDPI provides with UI scaling implemented.

A lot of developers faced this problem. So you're not alone. And it's a way to make users happier :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here.  3D Coat is not respecting my 4K monitor - I get what looks like the 1080 screen view scaled to fit my 32" 4K.  Every other app works fine, mostly by setting the compatibility checkbox mentioned above.  3DC does not respond to that, and apparently has no internal means of scaling its interface to whatever is comfortable for the user.

I would appreciate a fix for this.  3DC is looking clunky and behind the times with this.

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, JBT27 said:

Same here.  3D Coat is not respecting my 4K monitor - I get what looks like the 1080 screen view scaled to fit my 32" 4K.  Every other app works fine, mostly by setting the compatibility checkbox mentioned above.  3DC does not respond to that, and apparently has no internal means of scaling its interface to whatever is comfortable for the user.

I would appreciate a fix for this.  3DC is looking clunky and behind the times with this.

It works fine for all people. You doing something wrong. That option fix blurriness and small text you can change in 3d coat settings

Edited by sprayer

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 4K is blurry

I have set the font size to small in Preferences, which has given the look I wanted.  But the Compatibility settings have not affected 3DC at all, unlike all other apps I have used them with.  But sorted now.  Thanks.

Just rechecked. Still super small with High DPI override -> Application. And super blurry with no High DPI override. I've tried to set font size to small like mentioned in the post above, is became even smaller.

I'm happy for the people who don't experience it.

But the problem still persists on my configuration. Also I've tried the same things with 4k laptop with quite fresh OS install, got the same problem. So both of these devices are affected by this problem.

• 1 month later...

3D Coat v.4.9.34: the problem persists.

Blender, Unity, few IDEs: scaling is fine.

Currently I'm refraining from purchasing 3D Coat because of this issue until it's solved.

sprayer,

Ok, now I think I understand why some people don't experience this problem. You have a low UI scale coefficient and a large 4k monitor.

I have high UI scale coefficient and 23" 4k monitor.

3D Coat is able to scale a bit, but is unable to scale more.

• Carlosan changed the title to 4K is blurry