3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Transform Gizmo Woes (Again!!)

jacobo

• Advanced Member

Dear Andrew;

I'm one of your oldest customers and this is a cry for help! This is something in 3dCoat you definitely need to work on, and I implore you to do so.

I'm going crazy with the transform tool! That's my story. The interface of 3Dcoat is already one of its weakest points (finicky menus that have an ultra low mouse-over tolerance being the top most problematic one) But the user interaction is also a huge concern, especially with the transform tool.

Whenever I use the transform tool, I find myself activating it by accident and messing up my transformation and having to correct that before I transform further, over and over again. Why? Because the transform tool needs to deactivate its interaction when the user presses ALT. That means that the user has just finished his/her transformation and while the transform tool is still active, wants to navigate to another vantage point in order to transform again. And when you are going through that process, you just don't think to move your mouse away from the gizmo all the time, your pointer stays in the vicinity of your area of concentration.

All you need to do is to devise a way so as to have 3Dcoat deactivate the "interactivity" of the transform tool while its gizmo stays visible when the user presses ALT to navigate.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope other users have encountered this as well.

Thanx;

AJ

• Advanced Member

Thank you so much Carlosan. That means the world to me. And I'm truly rooting for an interface overhaul in the near future. I'm hoping that's also in the works.

Cheers and thanx again;

AJ

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Transform Gizmo Woes (Again!!)
  • 9 months later...