3DCoat Forums

What Am I Missing ? | About Painting

Bakingacake

screenshot_419.pngscreenshot_420.png

Almost all the coloring work I did somewhat looks like this.
It feels and looks like something's missing and it's bothering me.
Earlier I tried to show the edges by following the wireframe, but I did not get the results I wanted on the line.
I am open to any suggestions that may lead me forward.
I also started to study drawing. I think it will be useful.

On 4/5/2015 at 6:53 PM, Malo said:

In PaintRoom

Edit-> Sync Layers w/ Ext. Editor or

Edit-> Edit all Layers in Ext. Editor

You get a bunch of Layers in Photoshop and one of that layers (the last one) have the wireframe included.

You have to set your Path to Photoshop first in the Preferences. Edit-> Preferences-> General-> External 2D Editor.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor

You hand painting using no smart materials? 1024 is to low of a resolution for detailed painting. Try 4K. If using smart materials it appears the textures are not scaled correctly. Can always resample down the 4K image externally.

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, digman said:

You hand painting using no smart materials? 1024 is to low of a resolution for detailed painting. Try 4K. If using smart materials it appears the textures are not scaled correctly.

Im using smart materials that i made. The GPU im using right now is not comfortable anything upper than 2k :(
Crypto Miners got me here...
I just want to get used to painting :)

• Reputable Contributor
24 minutes ago, Bakingacake said:

Im using smart materials that i made. The GPU im using right now is not comfortable anything upper than 2k :(
Crypto Miners got me here...
I just want to get used to painting :)

Use 2k texture resolution then. Create your images to be used for smart materials at 2k. Scale, position and rotate the smart material shown in the picture. I think scale here is the most important for you as the scale of the materials seem off. In the picture the icon that is inside the square is for scaling.  By moving the mouse / pen  Horizontally to the right reduces scale and to the left increases scale .  If you need a smaller texture resolution for the game, you can resample the image down using an external program.

settings.PNG

Edited by digman
More info
  • Haha 1

Welcome!

Another thing that would help with the sharpness of the edge is smoothing groups. If you haven't already, setting those edges to be hard would really help with that.

• Like 1