3DCoat Forums

Export option disappeared

johnl247

Hi

I have been using this program for a few days now and when I have have created images I have then gone to File/ Export and download a .obj version. It also gave me a choice to reduce points

This export option is no longer available. I have removed and re-installed the software but it is still missing.

Any ideas of how to fix this.

thanks for any hep.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 13.17.58.png

• Reputable Contributor
10 hours ago, johnl247 said:

when I have have created images I have then gone to File/ Export and download a .obj version. It also gave me a choice to reduce points

Can you explain more here please.

This part of your workflow in it's wording is confusing. I know when you export a sculpt room object either in voxel or surface mode, the reduction decimation panel comes ups to reduce the amount of polygons created.

Edited by digman

I create an item in Voxel and either paint or not. Originally I just clicked on File/ Export option and could save it with as many polygons as I wanted (reduce the percentage).

Now this File / Export option is completely missing so no way to export an .obj

Thanks

Try this please

Sculpt room > Voxtree

Press RMB over the mesh layer

Select the command Export

Its available for you ?

------------------------------

If not, contact support@3dcoat.com requesting to extend the trial period.

Export.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor

Did you also under the documents user's folder delete the 3DC folder. That will give you a completely clean re-install. 

But before do that, you can delete the options xml file in the folder too. Possible it got corrupted. There is the Temp folder as well. That can be safely deleted too.

Close 3DC before doing the above. Delete what I mentioned, then reopen 3DC. 3DC will create a new options xml file and a new Temp folder. 

Check to see if the export function is there again.

Edited by digman

• 3 months later...

I'm having a similar problem.  Have been using the trial program for about two weeks.  Today, it says "Trial period expired.  The program will run in demo mode."  I really do need to validate a few more things before I spend the money.  The one thing I did between the last time it showed several days left and trial expired was to do a disk check on the hard drive where the software is installed.  Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I thought I'd mention in case it's meaningful.

In the meantime, is there anything I can do to recover the remaining trial period? 

Snips below showing install date of program (5/30) and the trial expired message.

Thanks.

image.png.200df3634c1d42b2223adb1dd25ce558.png

image.png.7b5f1689b1eaec7a9585dbf33f7ae93e.png