3DCoat Forums

"jagged" edges when painting depending on distance

Hey

For some reasons my lines are pretty jagged whenever i paint them from further away, resulting in a less-than-desired effect. I've drawn 2 strokes with the exact same brush, only difference being that i drew one up close to the model, and one further away.

Anyway to prevent this? I really like the program, but this is pretty deal-breaking tbh.

helpie.PNG

• Reputable Contributor

Steady Stroke or in other words Lazy Mouse. Upper left hand corner of the UI.  Default is 15 but you can change it. Lower less effect, higher more effect of the lazy mouse.

Picture shows, stroke on the left without lazy mouse, close to the model. Stroke on the right with lazy mouse zoomed out from the model to make the stroke.

The above works if you have enough texture resolution or the uv island is covering enough texel density space in the uv set as AbnRanger said..

stroke.PNG

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

Nevermind my previous post. I didn't read it carefully enough. I just saw the pixelation. Did a test and it seems painting from a distance probably magnifies the movement in your cursor. Why would you paint way off from the camera, though? I had to zoom pretty far away to replicate the results you get. Even at a medium distance, it's not any different that I expected. Turning Steady Stroke on, rectifies that, as Digman just point out.