3DCoat Forums

Scary M's Sketch book

Scary M

• Advanced Member

Dam Standard Clone brush for super fine detail, Dependant on detail required use 3rd default alpha or artmans Super fine point alpha. In my opinion it better than live clay purely because you dont end up with lots of little detail high res spots all over the mesh meaning you can keep the mesh at a reasonable workable resolution and still get nice crisp details.

Let me know if you find it helpful.

Dam_Standard_Clone.3dcpack

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, Scary M said:

Female_Bust_01_Detailed_03.thumb.PNG.b0966b6e121cb292dca525f89a2d2c00.PNG

Looking good. :good:

Here is a video showing what I was talking about. I'm not getting quite the same behavior, for some reason. CTRL action with a negative value is not smoothing. It's an actual inverse action.

Base Thumbnail3.jpg

• Advanced Member

Dont know Don its not working right at all even in your video i can clearly see that the profile of the negative stroke pinches in and it does not have the same negative effect. Im sure andrew will fix it.

All the other modifiers seem to work fine 

New Pack for you guys Couple of brushes dam Standard Clone with Custom Alpha and Surface Inflate brush. 

Scary_M_Brushes.3dcpack

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
11 minutes ago, Scary M said:

Dont know Don its not working right at all even in your video i can clearly see that the profile of the negative stroke pinches in and it does not have the same negative effect. Im sure andrew will fix it.

All the other modifiers seem to work fine 

New Pack for you guys Couple of brushes dam Standard Clone with Custom Alpha and Surface Inflate brush. 

Scary_M_Brushes.3dcpack

Yeah, it does pinch or go haywire when the value is greater than -5. But beneath that it looks practically the same to me. The screenshot seems pretty conclusive that it is indeed the inverse of the regular stroke. Nevertheless, it still needs to be fixed to where values greater than -5 don't go crazy.

• Advanced Member

I hope this helps you with your endeavours, it has help me get my head around a whole bunch of stuff with female faces. I'm enjoying sculpting at the moment, it's making all this time soo much easier, have a bash Tony, and do share. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Scary M

• Advanced Member

Not gonna lie This has been a bit of a slog Its really difficult to get realistic Attractive female in proportion, these few tweaks have taken me pretty much all day.

Shot_17.thumb.PNG.157fef7bb46faaf9175615114847441d.PNGShot_18.thumb.PNG.88e3930344ea75028ba7ede201567ee7.PNG

Edited by Scary M
  • Like 2

• Reputable Contributor
5 hours ago, Scary M said:

Not gonna lie This has been a bit of a slog Its really difficult to get realistic Attractive female in proportion, these few tweaks have taken me pretty much all day.

Shot_17.thumb.PNG.157fef7bb46faaf9175615114847441d.PNGShot_18.thumb.PNG.88e3930344ea75028ba7ede201567ee7.PNG

It's looking good, though.Yeah, it's not easy when we are used to working with male anatomy/proportions. Female torso's are literally shaped like an hour glass and men...more like a bowling ball. LOL :D

If I may make one slight suggestion. Can you shift her ears up to where the tip is near in line with the eyebrow?

92588a2673bddae4957d60ddffe56c25.jpg

• Advanced Member

Updates have had to move to ZBrush so as i can work on Retoplogise Mesh so lii stop posing for a little while until she is finished

Shot_19.thumb.PNG.a57b2743b4fcc7aa3bac4147fdf02805.PNG

Shot_20.thumb.PNG.c091b8c9f9692514ac0e007d69f45097.PNG

Shot_21.thumb.PNG.c91fb45abfd0c1a21d2473d3018b5818.PNG

On 5/13/2020 at 5:41 AM, AbnRanger said:

It's looking good, though.Yeah, it's not easy when we are used to working with male anatomy/proportions. Female torso's are literally shaped like an hour glass and men...more like a bowling ball. LOL :D

If I may make one slight suggestion. Can you shift her ears up to where the tip is near in line with the eyebrow?

92588a2673bddae4957d60ddffe56c25.jpg

Don unfortunately that isnt rock solid in actual nature but its a good general advice.

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, Scary M said:

Updates have had to move to ZBrush so as i can work on Retoplogise Mesh so lii stop posing for a little while until she is finished

Shot_19.thumb.PNG.a57b2743b4fcc7aa3bac4147fdf02805.PNG

Shot_20.thumb.PNG.c091b8c9f9692514ac0e007d69f45097.PNG

Shot_21.thumb.PNG.c91fb45abfd0c1a21d2473d3018b5818.PNG

Don unfortunately that isnt rock solid in actual nature but its a good general advice.

Yes, understood. I just realized a little while later that the camera angle also made the ear appear considerably lower than it actually is. It's sort of like 2 equally sized football players standing next to each other, can appear to be very different, depending on how close one is to the camera, than the other.