3DCoat Forums

Scary M's Sketch book

Scary M

• Advanced Member

An Update -

Shot_45.thumb.png.e7302764077fa31b5e672c5489163ff1.png

Shot_46.thumb.png.a8bf8c3a88822a2c8a9a16329f7c4d1b.png

Shot_44.thumb.png.53c70245c9f220eba9935d0cef89a02e.png

Im thinking i might drop the pleat at the bottom and flare out the trouser calf?

Apart from that shes nearly ready for posing and hair (not looking forward to the hair)

Edited by Scary M
  • Like 2

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Scary M said:

Im thinking i might drop the pleat at the bottom and flare out the trouser calf?

Maybe.  To be honest I'd either pleat the tops and flare the bottoms, or make them even looser at the tops of all those leg ring things.  Just so it looks more deliberate.

Edited by Falconius

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Falconius said:

Maybe.  To be honest I'd either pleat the tops and flare the bottoms, or make them even looser at the tops of all those leg ring things.  Just so it looks more deliberate.

Ill have a play, thank you for input.

update on shoes, the shoes where raw surface output and needed retopologising for clarity and posing. I refined design a little more more heel like and reduced the size, all done in 3d coat then taken over silo for polymodelling then over to ZB for refinement. hope you like?

Shot_48.thumb.PNG.7521d4d890280008d1b1334e89ef17f2.PNG

Shot_47.thumb.PNG.523fa2cc51743daba32b5da4cc72a80c.PNG

Laces tonight.

• Like 4

• Reputable Contributor

Nice work. As a purely stylistic choice, I would perhaps make the tread of the boots relatively thin in the forefoot area and keep the height in the heels. This way it keeps that look of high heels, but still has that rugged boot look, too...having a nice, unique contrast.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor
On 2/25/2021 at 5:55 PM, Scary M said:

1010481746_Screenshot2021-02-25234928.thumb.png.e87e09f1c2218e920a8773a43c3b1397.png

Hi Don, ill think about it. I will be putting up some sculpting and texturing stuff on You tube with a Patreon soon, but no Actual paid content, im not doing that stuff anymore.

I understand that, but Gumroad is just a marketplace to sell your items...sort of like an eBay or Amazon for CG content. Artstation, I think, has a marketplace for such things as well.

• Advanced Member

Rant coming sorry guys -

Bit frustrated with 3D coat at the moment it seems I have run into a Massive issue with Smoothing Groups

Why if I retopologise a high Res sculpt does 3D Coat automatically apply smoothing to a mesh on baking regardless of options selected. I have to export my retopo out of 3dcoat and remove smoothing to bake it in another App successfully. 

Of course I'd love to bake my maps in 3D Coat but it produces a normal map that will not render properly in game due to the fecking auto smoothing that I have no control over. 

I have wasted over a week in total on this project trying to find a solution, and it turned out to be so simple.

I love 3D coat I really do but when a BIG problem like this which has been reported since before 2018 it still present I have to wonder! 

So we have the option to have auto smoothing groups option like any other software but this option is a CHECK BOX if I uncheck a check box as I don't want smoothing. I don't expect smoothing if I can't have no smoothing then WHY bother with a check box in the first place.

It's frustrating see because I've run into this issue before and had to switch software. I've hung on in there this time but I've been baking my maps elsewhere which is a real shame because honestly I could do pretty much the whole process to in 3d coat.

There is supposed to be a workaround of exporting my retopo (Get this into another app to add/remove my smoothing) and then re import it into the paintroom where I can then somehow bake from the paint room the sculpt that I had in the sculpt room, which is lost when I import into the paint room, or something like that.... but honestly I can't be bothered. I'll just bake my normals in another software. 

Rant done.

Still loving coat for sculpting.

Edited by Scary M

• Reputable Contributor
9 hours ago, Scary M said:

Rant coming sorry guys -

Bit frustrated with 3D coat at the moment it seems I have run into a Massive issue with Smoothing Groups

Why if I retopologise a high Res sculpt does 3D Coat automatically apply smoothing to a mesh on baking regardless of options selected. I have to export my retopo out of 3dcoat and remove smoothing to bake it in another App successfully. 

Of course I'd love to bake my maps in 3D Coat but it produces a normal map that will not render properly in game due to the fecking auto smoothing that I have no control over. 

I have wasted over a week in total on this project trying to find a solution, and it turned out to be so simple.

I love 3D coat I really do but when a BIG problem like this which has been reported since before 2018 it still present I have to wonder! 

So we have the option to have auto smoothing groups option like any other software but this option is a CHECK BOX if I uncheck a check box as I don't want smoothing. I don't expect smoothing if I can't have no smoothing then WHY bother with a check box in the first place.

It's frustrating see because I've run into this issue before and had to switch software. I've hung on in there this time but I've been baking my maps elsewhere which is a real shame because honestly I could do pretty much the whole process to in 3d coat.

There is supposed to be a workaround of exporting my retopo (Get this into another app to add/remove my smoothing) and then re import it into the paintroom where I can then somehow bake from the paint room the sculpt that I had in the sculpt room, which is lost when I import into the paint room, or something like that.... but honestly I can't be bothered. I'll just bake my normals in another software. 

Rant done.

That is something only Andrew (support@3dCoat.com/andrewshpagin@gmail.com could address/fix...I understand the frustration. Anything that causes you to lose time trying to work around, is something Andrew typically will stop what he is doing and try to fix.

10 hours ago, Scary M said:

Rant coming sorry guys -

Rant done.

Today at the rally we discussed this message for 10 minutes and did not understand what needs to be done.
Please make a small video so that your technical process is clear. And write what needs to be done.
Thank.