3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Unghost all the layers at one

TLE

• Advanced Member

that only works if you use that option to isolate ghosting. and have to do that right after you ghosting isolate the layer. if you do something else that option doesn't work anymore.

what if you click ghosting couple layers by click each layer.. then try to unghost all the layers at one.. how can I do that? imagine I have 50 layers.. i have to go to each layer and unghost each individual. I just want to have one click to unghost them.

Edited by TLE

• Advanced Member

Hello all,

I am having a big problem of unghosting my layers. I have about 100 layers on my files and when I ghost one layer to work on, unless I alt click on ghosting of that layer to unghost 99 other layers, I will stuck with 99 ghosting layers and have to click 99 times on each individual layers include opening up sub layers. You can can imagine how long it takes me to unghost them and the frustration I have. I am only looking for a one click button that unghost all the layer (or unghost sublayers) and found nothing. I thought it would be very basic fundamental tool to have in working with layers program. To me working with layer helps alot of lagging problem 3dcoat has and ghosting is the popular way to have other layers as references while working on one layer. Please, anyone out there can help or figure out how to work with this. If this tool doesn't exist in 3dcoat, anyone have power out there can delivery to dev team there to know how important that tool is.

Cheers

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

There is some capacity to unghost all layers through the GEOMETRY menu > VISIBILITY/GHOSTING > ISOLATE GHOSTING (SHIFT + G hotkey combo). but it's limited. I sent Andrew a message asking for an UNGHOST ALL LAYERS option and a TOGGLE GHOSTING w/ SUBTREE, so this could be done on just a parent layer and it's child layers. He didn't answer back, so others may have to chime in. I know Andrew is busy, but this is probably worth addressing.

The Script is direct downloadable from the following attach

To install it, simply copy the "unghost.txt" and "unghost.xml" files to the following directory: "C:\Users\user\Documents\3DCoat\UserPrefs\Scripts\ExtraMenuItems"

3DC_UnGhost.zip

• 1 month later...

BTW -- for those of you on the latest 3d-Coat, you may need to make your own ' Scripts\ExtraMenuItems\ ' folder and on my Windows 7 install the location is in 'My Documents' not jsut documents, but it works like a charm once  in place :D

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Unghost all the layers at one