3DCoat Forums

Some form of clipping in Surface Sculpt...

MysticTeacup

Hi,

I am fairly new to sculpting in coat, and I am having this really weird problem that is getting on my nerves, so my model keeps disappearing and clipping when I am trying to sculpt on it, every time I turn the model or my view it sometimes disappears. I did solve this once, It stays normal when I was zoomed in at a certain point, that does still work, but the point where it is normal is very very zoomed in and I cannot see the rest of my model... It is super confusing. I thought maybe it was because it is super high poly, due to the amount of times I subdivided... I just want to be able to rotate  around my model and sculpt without it disappearing.

image.thumb.png.c8e52cfb3c3f036ca6ae8f3dde543f16.pngimage.thumb.png.483869ce47fa1efbb24e30419cd00cda.pngimage.thumb.png.764e589b51c750feff45cf92cff5064a.png

• Reputable Contributor

It appears to more of a mesh problem than a  clipping problem. 

You can try changing the clipping plane in Preferences... 

Share the 3DC file if possible if changing the clipping plane does not work.

clipping.PNG

• Reputable Contributor

If in surface mode, be careful as you build your mesh. It is polygons and not voxels and is subject to mesh intersections and other generally aspects of polygon building

Edited by digman