3DCoat Forums

Voxel Bevel Tool Suggestion

TLE

• Advanced Member

One of the Biggest lacking feature in 3dcoat is Bevel Tool. that allow to bevel a Curved Edge (not straight Edge, you can use cut tool and trip  the edge to bevel it). Some people has their own way to bevel curved edge but took alot of work and the result not precise.

So I thought about the cut tool using the curves as the guide. have the cut tool cut straight line between two curses. So doesn't matter how complicated the edge is, we always able to bevel the edge. Problem solve and precise.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 3

• Reputable Contributor

Good idea. I think a better variation of that would be a Voxel (or Surface mode) BEVEL tool, where the standard E-Panel draw mode would be the Spline/Curve Stroke. In the Tool Options panel for that tool, there would be a small Preset shelf of various Bevel profiles (users could create their own and add to the shelf). The inner part of the profile would be a light gray and the void would black, that way it's easier to tell which side is being cut away). Each node/point along the curve would have visual indicator of the profile and it would not be flat on the surface of the object like the normal nodes do, but facing perpendicular to the surface and down the path.

What would be nice is if there was an interactive preview mode, so the points and the radius could be tweaked before committing the bevel. I also think it would be incredibly helpful, if we could borrow the loop selection from the STROKES tool in the Retopo workspace, to quickly create a spline loop all the way around a model. It would reduce the spline creation down to a fraction of time. and make the tool much closer to what one can do in a good Polymodeling toolset.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

That would be nice. Bevel tool is still missing and it has been missing almost 10 years since I asked for it. lol well I still waiting for unghost all layers for so long lol

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, 3DArtist said:

+1 for beveling!

@TLE I quickly threw together this script to unghost all layers in the sculpt room. Hopefully it's useful until there is an official unghost all added.

You are my Saver 3DArtist !!!!. will try it out soon. Now I don't have to lick 100 times to unghost my layers .

• Carlosan changed the title to Voxel Bevel Tool Suggestion