3D Coat Forums

Version 4.8.16

New Beta Curves.

Using the Cut Off Tool.

The new curves still does not make smooth clean cuts as the old curves do. The new curves are still in beta but before final release the new curves need to make clean cuts as the old curves do when using the cut off tool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Beta Curves.

Now if you use Cut and Clone tool the cuts are clean and smooth. 

The clone tool also created a clean smooth surface.

nosmooth.PNG

Edited by digman
corrections

I will write brazenly right here. Finally, add the ability to edit the scale of curve points with a hotkey, rather than a boring mouse size transfer. I'm not interested in adjusting the size of the mouse to the size of this section of the curve each time, while the spline is rarely symmetrical with respect to the center of the brush.

Edited by Sorda

And why in the .15 version I can see real-time changes to extrusion settings, profile rotation, and so on, and in .18 only through the "Apply Curve" button? What is that for ..?

Bug confirmed and reported

Tube-array tool visualization: Bug confirmed, only can see real time changes if i slightly move any curve point.

Can't seem to assign hotkeys to the top left  Curve editor functions, tried both exe's and checked the xml file to see if they were there (they were).

Initially it assigns the key but as soon as you load another brush and then go back to it, it disappears.

Also moving a curve point and inheriting the brush size should be optional or should only happen with a hotkey, otherwise it's very unpractical,

and I don't really understand why the Curve editor functions panel appears and disappears, i cant see the point of it.

It would seem however that this is one of the best tools available in 3D-coat, it makes Zbrush look very poor in comparison.

Issue Reported. Thx

Tested the new curves the 1st time.

Do someone knows how to add a new point inbetween two selected points? Or add a point to an existing curve at any position???

I'm working since over 20 years with vector tools, but for any reason I am not able to do this. Is it not supported (yet) ?

EDIT: Found it... it was hidden (?!?!?!) You have to double click on a curve. Why?!

Why not supporting already existing standards and then improve them?

Just watch Illustrator for example or Corel Draw to see how they solved this. Try to keep standards.

But the new curves is a step forward.

Just for info: After working some some time with the new curves I like them. Will post bugs if see some.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

- Huge changes in curves. Filling curve by patch works stable and provides good quality. Filling with holes inside supported. Just add curve in sub-tree of filled curve and it will be treated as hole. Boolean operations between curves in 3D. Many changes related to curves.