3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Eraser Opacity Tablet Pressure

tantangula

Hi,

I started using 3DCoat this month, and I just plugged in my Wacom tablet today to start texturing. I have figured out most of the tablet settings, but I can't find out how to turn tablet pressure off for the eraser opacity. There's usually a little brush icon that you can click to turn off tablet pressure influencing certain properties of a brush stroke. Has anyone else figured this out?

Thanks 

Hi !

Are you changing settings by application on wacom properties ?

On 3/27/2018 at 2:58 PM, Falconius said:

Just use the Wacom desktop center and properties window as Carlosan said.  However be sure to back up your settings (found in the backup tab of the desktop center) since I found that due to various updates, either Windows or Wacom, or from some bugs it is possible that everything gets reset and it's super irritating to redo everything for each program.

I haven't set up the tablet yet, but 3DCoat is the first program I'm trying to use with it.

I just want the eraser to erase at a fixed transparency like I was clicking with the mouse. Right now, if I click with the mouse, it will erase 100% of the painted area, but when I try to erase using the wacom stylus, its transparency is mapped to pen pressure. So when I just use normal pen pressure only part of the painted area is erased.

Are you saying that has something to do with my tablet settings?

• Reputable Contributor

@tantangula I don't think there's a way to turn off the pen pressure solely for the stylus eraser in 3D Coat (or the wacom driver settings for that matter, although you can almost fake it with a custom pressure profile), but you could always bind a hotkey to the pen pressure toggle on the opacity settings (see image below), then use that hot key to turn pressure sensitivity off when flipping your stylus to use the eraser.

3DCStylusPressureToggle.jpg.788e85329e1866e4c24b974a8c2d0b41.jpg

That's the button I'm missing on the eraser tool in 3DCoat.  Is that what the options for your eraser tool look like? I have got to be missing something simple.

I also don't have an eraser nub on my stylus, so I'm using the pen tip for both erasing and painting. I switch between each by clicking the icon.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Eraser Opacity Tablet Pressure