3DCoat Forums
madno

State of Win 10 Creators Update -> Tablet -> Pen ?

Hi,

I tried using 3D-Coat with pen input on my Tablet (Vaio Z Canvas with Win 10 Creators Update).

It was a mixed experience:

In Tablet Mode:

Strokes work but Zoom and Pan do not.

In WinTab Mode:

Zoom and Pan works but strokes only if pen button is pressed.

Investigating the Internet revealed that:

Win 10 Creators Update changed the way how pen input is interpreted. As a result there are a lot of complaints that pen devices are now crippled in their use for art work (like 3D-Coat as I wrote above). I tried with Clip Studio Paint and got issues there as well. When drawing multiple strokes it inteprets them as either "draw" or "pan" in a random fashion.

The conclusion is mainly that one has to revert Windows to a state before Creators Update. The anounced new spring creators update seems to make it even worse according to the first online feedback.

Does somebody know if the above is true for Wacom devices (especially the new Wacom Cintiq Pro) as well?

Edited by madno

Please contact support@3dcoat.com

Thx

The previous creators update certainly did bork tablets including my Wacom.  I had to do a clean install of the Wacom drivers and software once they got updated, and my backup settings file didn't work so I had to reset everything for the programs again.  After that, including right now my tablet works fine, but I have not installed the new spring update yet.

I've also sent email to support. I have an Intuos 3 and my tip and right-click buttons have flipped, but only in 3DC. They work normally in other programs.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, madno said:

In Tablet Mode: Strokes work but Zoom and Pan do not.

In WinTab Mode: Zoom and Pan works but strokes only if pen button is pressed.

"WinTab" library doesn't work correctly under "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" regardless of tablet model. That is why we have added selection between "WinTab" and "TabletPC". The last one doesn't support gestures but in time we will implement gestures support in "TabletPC" mode similar to "WinTab" mode. For now under "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" please enable "Edit > Preferences > Tablet Library > TabletPC".

I reverted to Windows 10 ver. 1703 (the last before "Creators Update"). Pen in WinTab mode is now working like expected including touch.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2018 at 7:13 PM, SERGYI said:

"WinTab" library doesn't work correctly under "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" regardless of tablet model. That is why we have added selection between "WinTab" and "TabletPC". The last one doesn't support gestures but in time we will implement gestures support in "TabletPC" mode similar to "WinTab" mode. For now under "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" please enable "Edit > Preferences > Tablet Library > TabletPC".

When can we expect the gestures to be put into "TabletPC"? I'm really looking forward to being able to use 3d coat on my SP4 like i used to be able to. 

thanks!

Edited by chrisjuuuh

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, chrisjuuuh said:

the gestures to be put into "TabletPC"

In the nearest "3DCoat" build for Windows the gestures will be supported in "Tablet PC " mode. The video below demonstrates "3DCoat" in "Tablet PC" mode on "Surface Pro":
http://pilgway.com/~sergyi/Video/3DCoat-TabletPC-Gestures.mov
The build "4.8.34" with gestures will be here:
https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22364-3dcoat-48-beta-testing-thread/

• Like 2