3DCoat Forums

New Competitor - Volumetric Sculpting

• Reputable Contributor

That's pretty interesting. It could give Andrew some ideas about dynamic Voxel Sculpting. However, I think it would be best if Andrew were to recompile CUDA for 3D Coat, to the latest versions of CUDA, so 3DC can take full advantage of the technologies that have been added to CUDA over the past few years. Do the same to the MOVE and POSE tool, in Voxel mode, and then this dynamic Voxel subdivision could be best utilized.

I still think Surface mode will be where there best experience will be when doing most of the intermediate to high detail sculpting. The reason is that geometry based allows for more nuanced control of the deformations under the brush, and thus MUCH better feel and generally better performance. The nice thing about it is that in Voxel Mode, you have a small set of Surface brushes to use on the fly, without having to switch to Surface mode and back.

• Reputable Contributor

VR is great for artistic creation, a new medium of expression.

Engaging story telling, Concept work, sculpting, modeling, music and animation.

I use Unity game engine to import my models so I can walk around them in VR. Much fun that is... You could create a gallery of your own work if one so desire to do so.

SketchFab. Your models and others can be viewed in VR.

One user, Jama Jurabaev, created method of painting a 360 degree image in 3DC. I use GoPro  to view the 360 image in VR. You are centered in your painting in VR.

Virtual Desktop. You can put 3DC on a big screen in VR and use 3DC if you have a powerful enough computer. Maybe not as easy to use but fun still. 

I use:

Oculus Medium, sculpting

Tilt Brush, painting by polygon strips or tubes and special effects. 

Kingspray Graffiti, Use spray cans to paint in 2D but in VR. You paint on different type of surfaces.

LyraVR, music. I have an interest in learning more about music. 

Virtual Desktop.

I have but not use very much, Google Blocks and Quill