3DCoat Forums

Really basic cloth simulation problem

krynoid

Hey guys,

I'm a pretty new user of 3D Coat and I'm trying out the cloth simulation tool for the first time. I've watched numerous tutorials and thought I had a pretty good idea of how to to do it: built a simple garment in the Retopo room and brought it into the Sculpt room's cloth tool. However, when I run the sim the cloth object passes right through the Manakin without colliding, even though the Manakin is selected and "Stick to current object is checked."

This is probably a really stupid rookie mistake, but what am I doing wrong? I cannot figure it out.

Wow, new problem. I figured out that some of my Manakin had become Surface objects instead of voxels, so I corrected that.

I run the sim again and I get the opposite problem, the garment is now trying to climb UP the manakin and bunch around the head. It's alive with anti-gravity. Just bizarre. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.7e11fa687cd48c7c2af9bfa21d9114a6.png

Thanks, Carlosan. I've watched and re-watched these exact vids and several others multiple times in getting ready to tackle this project, and again looking for solutions to these issues, but I haven't found the answers there. That's what brought me to the forum.

Ah, I see. So it may not be reading the Manakin object correctly because it's a collection of parented objects. Interesting.

I will try this, but it may have to wait until I pick a final pose for the figure. I will let you know what happens.