3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

• Contributor

I´m using 3D-Coat 4.8.15C(GL64)

This error is happening to me in the Paint, Tweak, Sculpt room rooms (I have not tried the Retopo yet)!
I discovered that it also affected in the Cloth tool when I try to move the brush in the clothing simulation!
The problem is that when I start using the Move brush and other brushes, the cursor is shaking as if I was using Jitter Position in the Brush options.
I've checked all the settings and it still happens.
Probably a bug in the program ...

This strange behavior happens both when I use the mouse or when I use the tablet.

Please, I would like to know if this error is happening to you too ...

Note: This bug is not happening with the DX version

• Reputable Contributor
On 4/21/2018 at 8:41 PM, Rygaard said:

I´m using 3D-Coat 4.8.15C(GL64)

This error is happening to me in the Paint, Tweak, Sculpt room rooms (I have not tried the Retopo yet)!
I discovered that it also affected in the Cloth tool when I try to move the brush in the clothing simulation!
The problem is that when I start using the Move brush and other brushes, the cursor is shaking as if I was using Jitter Position in the Brush options.
I've checked all the settings and it still happens.
Probably a bug in the program ...

This strange behavior happens both when I use the mouse or when I use the tablet.

Please, I would like to know if this error is happening to you too ...

Note: This bug is not happening with the DX version

That sounds like your Wacom tablet needs to have it's driver updated. It's an input issue, so that would always be the first thing to check...drivers for your input device. I haven't noticed any jittering on my end.

• Contributor
2 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

That sounds like your Wacom tablet needs to have it's driver updated. It's an input issue, so that would always be the first thing to check...drivers for your input device. I haven't noticed any jittering on my end.

The drive is upgraded from my tablet ... not the problem with the drive of my tablet as you can see on the screen captured that I took.
In the previous beta version, I did not have this problem and I'm also having no problem with the current version of 3D-Coat 4.8.15C (DX).
I'm just having the problem I quoted above with the current version of 3D-Coat 4.8.15 (GL).
I do not know what can be ... is it the video card update? (I find it hard to be because it works right on the other versions!).

I just tested with the old version 4.7.23 (GL) and everything is working properly.

image.png.fa740e4f685cb6d77f59390e8a67e94f.png

• Reputable Contributor
9 hours ago, Rygaard said:
The drive is upgraded from my tablet ... not the problem with the drive of my tablet as you can see on the screen captured that I took.
In the previous beta version, I did not have this problem and I'm also having no problem with the current version of 3D-Coat 4.8.15C (DX).
I'm just having the problem I quoted above with the current version of 3D-Coat 4.8.15 (GL).
I do not know what can be ... is it the video card update? (I find it hard to be because it works right on the other versions!).

I just tested with the old version 4.7.23 (GL) and everything is working properly.

image.png.fa740e4f685cb6d77f59390e8a67e94f.png

I always use the DX version as it seems I notice some glitch in the GL version whenever I attempt to use (pretty rare)

• Contributor
48 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

I always use the DX version as it seems I notice some glitch in the GL version whenever I attempt to use (pretty rare)

Thanks for answering me ... I do not know what happened because I've always used the GL version and I've never had problems before.
I'll wait for the new beta to see if the same problem will happen! Until then I'll use the DX version as well.

I'm still using an old computer with 32GB of memory and NVidia Quadro 600 video card.

What would be the best version of 3D-Coat for my video card? DX or GL?

• Contributor
11 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

DX is the version I always use as it seems to always be stable. 

I'd like to clarify a doubt. Please, what's the real difference (one version being better than the other) between DX and GL in relation to NVidia's video card?
 Thanks for your patience!

• Reputable Contributor
6 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

I'd like to clarify a doubt. Please, what's the real difference (one version being better than the other) between DX and GL in relation to NVidia's video card?

Andrew says that the OpenGL version is supposed to perform better, but I cannot tell much, if any difference. DX has always been very stable. I am using a GTX 1080, and it's been this way on different NVidia cards

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor

Like AbnRanger said...

I've not seen much of a difference, I think due to video cards being just more powerful in general.

When installing, I think it says that 3DC runs better on DX when using an older video card. This statement was more true several years ago than today.

My personal preference is OpenGl...

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor

Version: Beta 4.8.15C

Possible bug 

Fill Bucket tool.

At this time you can only use the adjustable Rectangle and the adjustable Circle splines to apply selected areas to fill with any of the select parameters we have in the tool panel.

The other splines though not grayed out do not function. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Regular Rectangle and Circle spline do work as well. 

Vertex Lasso, Stroke and Closed spline do not work.

//edit:

Solved on version 4.8.22

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rygaard said:

DX was developed for gForce cards. *

GL for Quadro cards. *

* if OS accept it.

• Thanks 1

• Contributor
4 hours ago, Carlosan said:

DX was developed for gForce cards. *

GL for Quadro cards. *

* if OS accept it.

Thank you so much !

• Reputable Contributor

I had forgotten about this, a possible bug. 

With  cast shadows selected under the geometry menu and in gradient view mode, you could adjust the light vertically and horizontally to cast shadows.

Now if you move the light vertically it dims the light intensity. This I would call a bug. 

Moving the light horizontally still works casting horizontal shadows.

FYI--- Some shaders do not respond to Cast Shadows. This I know already.

light.PNG

Edited by digman
More information.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Reputable Contributor
8 hours ago, Karnonos said:

BUG 4.8.15

Spherical Gradient with Fade Opacity does not work in ver. 4.8.15

Works fine in ver. 4.8.04

Please stop breaking things that work already. 

The price we pay for having a community open beta... Things get broken at times. You can install more than one version at a time which you made have done already. 

Report the break as you have done, a screen shot would help of version 4.8.04 result and the result in version 4.8.15D

On 4/26/2018 at 5:15 AM, Carlosan said:

The Script is direct downloadable from the following attach

To install it, simply copy the "unghost.txt" and "unghost.xml" files to the following directory: "C:\Users\[user]\Documents\3D-CoatV[xx]\Scripts\ExtraMenuItems\

3DC_UnGhost.zip

• Reputable Contributor

Version 4.8.15D beta.

Transform tool  problem with Auto-Pick enabled. 

The transform tool selects multiple layers as you click on objects in the viewport. This is not the expected behavior. 

Standard behavior in most applications below:

LMB. Clicking on a item selects that item. Selecting another item selects that item and deselects the other item.

Shift key or the Ctrl key with LMB selects multiple items. This works as expected in 3DC.  

- Retopo via decimation works correctly with objects of non 1.0 scale.

- Lasso works correctly in fill tool

- Correct Transform+pick volumes. Use CTRL/SHIFT to select/unselect.

- fixed problem of some commands in space menu (at the end of list)

- Fixed potential instability in Light Baking Tool.

- RFill (Quad Fill) included into regular retopo toolset, corrected to work as expected.

Curves:

- fill by patch remade. Should be faster and more accurate.

- joining points.

- reworked RMB menu

- projecting points on plane

- Correct EPS/spline import export. IGES supported. But IGES is not included in community version, if you need to test it, send me request I will send special key.

- possibility to link several points if snapping to points enabled. They will be moved together.

- many more small changes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In the latest version I used Instant Meshes for retopo, then marked all the seams and unwrapped. About 7 of the UV islands are squashed flat so I can't really use them, they create a rainbow pattern on the model instead of a checkerboard.

retopo_prob.jpg

• philnolan3d changed the title to 3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread
  • Contributor

Hey everyone,
I still have problems with a possible bug in 3D-Coat 4.8.16.
  It's happening in the Tweeak Room and the Sculpt Room.
All of my drives are up to date (video card and wacom tablet).

The problem is that the mouse or tablet is shaking as if I were using the Jitter Position brush options. (even with the mouse stopped)
And in the Sculpt Room, besides being shaking, the brush seems to be spinning and spinning at the same time.
I made a quick video to show what is happening to me ....

Is someone having the same problem?

thank you very much! 

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, philnolan3d said:

It looks like this forum thread was renamed somehow. It's supposed to be the beta thread, not RFill.

Edit: I changed the name back but it looks like email links still go to a broken page.

Also all the people who were following the thread have had the option ticked off.