3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

• Reputable Contributor

the "select all faces in this layer" button in the retopo objects looks a lot like the "increase resolution of the current object" in the voxtree. 
I sometimes click the latter by mistake while in retopo room. It can be disastrous if the resolution was already high, because it can freeze the whole system.

I'm seeing some weird rotation added to items exported from 3DC (checked on STL and FBX export).

Here's a sample - the one that is selected is original one, the other one is item exported from 3DC (did voxelization, fill , back to mesh, decimation and export to STL there).

PwV7jOY.jpg

• Reputable Contributor
On 6/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

features like sculpt layers and joint based kitbashing will be available within month.

Does it mean there will be rigging in 3d-Coat ? It would be cool if it becomes possible to import a model with armature and weights in retopo room and to retain the information upon export to fbx and dae

Edited by lesaint

• Contributor

I don't think you will see anything like weighted rigs in 3DC. You can import poses and adjust things like wrinkles, etc and export the pose (which you already have the UVs, joints and weights associated with the import of that pose).

• Reputable Contributor
35 minutes ago, lesaint said:

4.8.18 Pose tool works accross vox layers now ? I never noticed it doing that before, is that new, is it a feature or a bug ? Anyway, it's interesting, I'm sure I'll find it useful !

What do you mean? It's always had an option in the Toolbar to apply "Through All Layers." Is that what you are referring to?

• Contributor

Hello @Andrew Shpagin , 

i have one small but crucial request if possible.

To be able to show the vertices id numbers (Display Point Numbers) in retopo room IF this is aligned with any recent work yiu are making in the retopo room.

Its a request based on works pipeline.

I attach an image of what i am looking for.

Thank you in advance

Michael.

display_point_numbers.png

Edited by Michaelgdrs

• Contributor

Also noticed multiple issues in retopo room when i try to use the brush and move vertices on a retopo model.

Auto snap is off as i have no sculpt under it.

It only grabs vertices close to the camera only. 

Using mouse or screen tablet is exactly the same.

This on the latest beta.

• Advanced Member

In the tube-array tool, why in the .15 version I can see real-time changes to extrusion settings, profile rotation, and so on, and in .18 only through the "Apply Curve" button? What is that for ..? You repair one, break another, step forward, two back. Who tells you such bad decisions that you enter them, and it only gets worse?

//edit

solved on version 4.8.19C

Мощнейший софт! Есть пара мелочей странных) но на фоне такого креативного и комфортного рабочего процесса это мелочи. Невозможно оторваться особенно от скульпта) Когда ты берешь какой нибудь шейдер метала или еще чего, накидываешь на вокселы и режешь этот метал в любом направлении) это невероятная тема. 

Круто было бы деформировать вокселы или сюрфейсы сплайном. Мне кажется так можно было бы быстро создавать очень гладкие неровности, разные выпуклости и заострения вытягивающиеся по форме сплайна

On 6/22/2018 at 11:19 PM, Sorda said:

In the tube-array tool, why in the .15 version I can see real-time changes to extrusion settings, profile rotation, and so on, and in .18 only through the "Apply Curve" button? What is that for ..? You repair one, break another, step forward, two back. Who tells you such bad decisions that you enter them, and it only gets worse?

You're right, I don't understand why a good function becomes a stupid button.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
On 6/22/2018 at 5:05 PM, Wasili said:

Мощнейший софт! Есть пара мелочей странных) но на фоне такого креативного и комфортного рабочего процесса это мелочи. Невозможно оторваться особенно от скульпта) Когда ты берешь какой нибудь шейдер метала или еще чего, накидываешь на вокселы и режешь этот метал в любом направлении) это невероятная тема. 

Круто было бы деформировать вокселы или сюрфейсы сплайном. Мне кажется так можно было бы быстро создавать очень гладкие неровности, разные выпуклости и заострения вытягивающиеся по форме сплайна

I suggested to Andrew that adding a SPLINE DEFORM operator/mode in the POSE Tool (Should be renamed TransPose tool...don't care if it borrows ZBrush naming convention...like Smart Materials, it is a generic description that indicates it has a dual function) and add updated CUDA support for the tool, would really take modeling in 3D Coat to the next level. It would allow the user to make subtle, nuanced shapes in the surface, like on an automobile, that are very difficult to do now.

Maybe soon after V5 is released, he will add it. Make sure to send this request to him via support@3dcoat.com.

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor
On 6/22/2018 at 10:19 AM, Sorda said:

I'm sure someone complained that they didn't want it to extrude interactively, or something along those lines. That's how changes like this usually happen. One person doesn't like the way something works and their request messes up the apple cart for everybody else. :D

//edit

-----------------------------------------------

Bug confirmed and reported

Tube-array tool visualization: Bug confirmed, only can see real time changes if i slightly move any curve point.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I'm sure someone complained that they didn't want it to extrude interactively, or something along those lines. That's how changes like this usually happen. One person doesn't like the way something works and their request messes up the apple cart for everybody else. 

But it .... suck (sorry). It is so stupid. 

• Contributor

Guys , sorry but i need to jump in to this , whatever is interactive is only for good , guessing and go back and forth is not the optimal way.

Please dont destroy existing tools that works great because you are used to work with it in a certain way on another software. (i believe this is the reason)

To ask something that does not exist thats another thing and its always welcome (i believe) , but to destroy tools is not the best way to go and improve the software.

My 2 cents , nothing personal. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 9:20 AM, Carlosan said:

Bug confirmed and reported

Tube-array tool visualization: Bug confirmed, only can see real time changes if i slightly move any curve point. 

Sorda, Michael: Please, read my previous post. Its a bug.

//edit

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sorda said:

At different people, on different systems, on version .16-.18 - does not work. At 15, it works ALWAYS. A bug? It's just really listened to the stupid man. 

You're using the BETA version of a software...

If it's not in the patch notes, you can assume that it's a bug.