3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

12 hours ago, stusutcliffe said:

Funny little bug in my beta 25, "front" and " back" view shortcut keys will not work in the Retopo work space, but work ok in all the other workspaces. All other views work ok.

( I have them configured to the Number Pad on my keyboard.)

The current version has overall shortcut problems. My manually set shortcuts don't work always. 3DC doesn't activate my custom shortcuts after a time period.

• Advanced Member

Yes, my "T" for Transform tool shortcut went funny again last week.( its not done that for ages) I had to tap it twice for it to stick. ( tried deleting assorted options xml, but Im never sure which and where these are , Im always afraid I might break something.) It seems ok at the moment though.

It may have been something to do with the particular scene I was re purposing over and over again...perhaps it got clogged up or something. When I started  afresh it seemed ok . Like the bug was just contained in a particular scene or something.

• Reputable Contributor

I uninstalled my older version, thus committing to using 4.8.25A-SL exclusively...
I was using a bit of both depending on what I was doing.

I have to switch a lot between rooms, and the vox layers popping back to visible/unghosted when changing rooms is already annoying me very much.

I guess it's a bug, because it happens randomly, not every time. Does it happen only to me ?

Edited by lesaint

On 10/30/2018 at 3:07 PM, Taros said:

(1)Is there a reason why in the current version the "Merge Visible" function is much slower? Tried to merge some layers to a 32x voxel layer. No chance. Waited some minutes and closed the windows task then.

In v4.8.20 same scene were managed in some seconds.

By the way:
Thank you for fixing the Preset saving bug I mentioned some days before but there is still a small issue there:
(2) I have to click twice to get the right background stencil (camera projection texture) size. This problem existed already before.

(1) - Merge visible was not changed. Possibly there is difference on your side - voxel/surface, different layers selected etc. If you will provide scene/steps to reproduce, I will investigate and fix.

(2) - not understood.

• Reputable Contributor
On 11/7/2018 at 7:40 AM, Werner_Z said:

Very very slow loading of scenes in the latest build. 4.8.25A-SL

Load screen stays on "prepare for texturing"  way too long.  Even on lighter scenes.

It's only the first time you load an old file. After you save it and reload it won't do that.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hi,

I recently installed the latest 3D-Coat for macOS (4.8.26), and noticed the following:

I start 3D-Coat and choose auto-retopology, then after the window with the initial settings I press S and check x symmetry. Subsequently I press Next in the following requesters, because I want to skip the density painting and guide drawing. Finally, nothing happens. I just see the imported mesh, without Autopo.

So I need to right-click on the imported mesh layer and reinitialize Autopo to make it work.

Is this a bug or is there a specific moment you need to activate symmetry? A symmetry option in the initial Autopo options would be more convenient.

Thanks.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

(1) - Merge visible was not changed. Possibly there is difference on your side - voxel/surface, different layers selected etc. If you will provide scene/steps to reproduce, I will investigate and fix.

(2) - not understood.

I will contact you sometime next week and show you what I mean. Both topics. It's fast to show. I can provide you the example scene then.

Removing undercuts needs very long to calculate too. Much longer then v4.8.20.

• Reputable Contributor

Since the devs are working on the brush engine, could they take a look at the clone tool ? Pen pressure works fine with the clone tool for per pixel painting, but not in vertex painting mode, and yes I know bout setting opacity in tool options, but it just isn't the same.

Also is copy/paste tool broken ? It doesn't do anything.

• Contributor

Hey everyone,

I've been sculpting a lot in 3d-coat 4.8.25A - SL (DX-64) and it's possibly a problem...
The problem is as follows:
When I'm in Surface mode, I hide a part of the mesh to be able to sculpt using the Move Brush and the Pose Tool and after I finish making the necessary modifications I appear with the complete mesh, the result is that the mesh that was hidden was also deformed by the Move Brush or Pose Tool.
How is this possible?
I believe that when you hide a mesh, this hidden mesh should not receive any modification or alteration, but in my case, even if I hide the mesh that I do not want to deform, it is being altered as if it were still visible on the screen.

Could someone please let me know if this is a bug in 3D-Coat ?
I noticed that this problem that I'm going through has happened to me in previous versions of 3D-Coat.

Thank you

21.11.2018 4.8.28

- Important! 3B scenes are zipped on the fly, so will take much less space on the disk! Saving does not lock main procss, so you may continue to work while 3D-Coat saves scene.

- Fixed crash related to screenshot in multi-display mode.

- Fixed problem related to picking volumes after scene loading

- "Naive" padding seamlessness improved essentially.

- stability of cutoff improved

- fixed crash in spike/muscle/etc tools

- Smooth all in surface mode works correctly with multiselection.

- Pose rect selection, gizmo at center mass

- fill layer problem fixed

-  fixed crash during DEL

Curves:

- Possibility to save curves to separate files

- Support of multiple modifiers per curve

Sculpt Layers

- Remove stretching compatible with SL

• Like 4

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

21.11.2018 4.8.28

- Important! 3B scenes are zipped on the fly, so will take much less space on the disk! Saving does not lock main procss, so you may continue to work while 3D-Coat saves scene.

- Fixed crash related to screenshot in multi-display mode.

- Fixed problem related to picking volumes after scene loading

- "Naive" padding seamlessness improved essentially.

- stability of cutoff improved

- fixed crash in spike/muscle/etc tools

- Smooth all in surface mode works correctly with multiselection.

- Pose rect selection, gizmo at center mass

- fill layer problem fixed

-  fixed crash during DEL

Curves:

- Possibility to save curves to separate files

- Support of multiple modifiers per curve

Sculpt Layers

- Remove stretching compatible with SL

NAIVE Padding? Is that it's proper name or a typo?

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Probably not typo. Imo naive ~ simple, primitive. 

Naive is not a good word to use, then. It should be SIMPLE. Naive, in English, is basically the same as IGNORANT. It has a negative connotation.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/naive 

: deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgment

• Advanced Member

! I think I've found a critical file save error in 4.8.28

If I open up one of my larger project files created in a previous version of 3D Coat (like 9GB 3b file) everything appears ok (models, normal maps, textures etc). However once I 'save as' the file and the saving is complete (I waited until the 'don't close' message at the top disappeared) when reopening the file many of the models in the paint room have no textures, normal maps, and all other layers associated with those models are just white rending the project file broken pretty much. It compressed the 9GB file down to 190mb roughly, that seems like a huge amount of compression for a file that had a lot of textures, it seems like it purged a lot of it by accident.

Good thing I did not overwrite my original. This means if I try to do any work though in 4.8.28 and save the file and try to reopen it loses a lot of the data. There must be a problem with the compression on larger 3b files as I saved a smaller one (like a  260 mb file) and when I reopened it everything was ok.

I noticed on the larger file the saving progress freaks out as well:

M8Yv0ei.jpg

As a side note when it was saving I didn't do any work, I just let 3D Coat sit until it completed saving.

Edited by Mystical
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mystical said:

! I think I've found a critical file save error in 4.8.28

If I open up one of my larger project files created in a previous version of 3D Coat (like 9GB 3b file) everything appears ok (models, normal maps, textures etc). However once I 'save as' the file and the saving is complete (I waited until the 'don't close' message at the top disappeared) when reopening the file many of the models in the paint room have no textures, normal maps, and all other layers associated with those models are just white rending the project file broken pretty much. It compressed the 9GB file down to 190mb roughly, that seems like a huge amount of compression for a file that had a lot of textures, it seems like it purged a lot of it by accident.

Good thing I did not overwrite my original. This means if I try to do any work though in 4.8.28 and save the file and try to reopen it loses a lot of the data. There must be a problem with the compression on larger 3b files as I saved a smaller one (like a  260 mb file) and when I reopened it everything was ok.

I noticed on the larger file the saving progress freaks out as well:

M8Yv0ei.jpg

As a side note when it was saving I didn't do any work, I just let 3D Coat sit until it completed saving.

Thanks for reporting!

Please try to unzip manually the 3B file. It is just zip archive. Then try to open. Look the size.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Thanks for reporting!

Please try to unzip manually the 3B file. It is just zip archive. Then try to open. Look the size.

Unzipped it jumped up to roughly 877mb from the 200mb compressed (original is 9GB). When I open the file it looks like the textures on several of the models was still missing the same as the compressed version.