3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

@tokikake Use the "cap tool" to find holes. 
There is no "remove doubles", or "merge vertices" command, so, one by one, use the add/split tool to select vertices (don't move the mouse) and release. This will merge vertices. 
go back and forth between cap tool and split tool until you have merged all.

Edited by lesaint
  • Like 1

Thanks, now this prolbem  soldved^_^.  (After all it was matter only about 2 RtpModels mesh which offered with arpciation)

To cofirm,  I export   double edge retopo objs to  blender then "remove double". and re-import them to 3d coat. as new ritopomodel (and save it new directory)  . It work as I expected.  I could cut line as I like from edge to edge around about new imported mesh.  I found only  two convex  retopo models,   In "3d coat installed  folda" /VoxStanms/RtpModels/   C_Extension.obj" and "L_Extension_01.obj"  cause problem.  then I report  them to  support by mail. and Additinonary I request  "one click  auto remove double edge (connected or weld vertices almost same location)  tool of selected layer and mesh. for Retopo room.  it should be useful I believe.  

The sale mentions 4.8.20. Where is that version for Windows and the accompanying release notes/changes? I don't see it.

Huge FPS Drops on a High end PC. Seems like this version is not optimized. Tried both Cuda and DX. Brushes are unstable 12-21 FPS on a 21milion Mesh.  Until now Version 15D is by far the most optimized there I can get 100Milion and no Problems.

@ Andrew Shpagin  if you want to know my specs let me know.

Try switching off Preferences > Vertical synchronization.

- Polished Joints snapping tool.

- Continuous development of curves.

- Fixed Cut&Clone tool

- fixed different multiselection problems

- Correct volume highlight, there was problem with completely metallic shaders

- Correct "Run brush along curve" - it was not working for some UI layouts.

Fixed problem of metalness painting with custom alphas.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Try switching off Preferences > Vertical synchronization.

I never had it on, but I like that it has been added. The VSync does a interesting stabilization at a lower FPS.  But Brush size FPS is still a problem.

Still this Update everything seems and feels snapper. It executes about 30% faster then per-releases .

Well done :)

Is there any plan for baking bent normal maps?  I'm trying to use Unity's DeLighting tool and it requires them along with Normal, Color, and Ambient. Or even better, a DeLighitng tool in 3DC, though I'm not sure how hard it is to do.

3 minutes ago, philnolan3d said:

Is there any plan for baking bent normal maps?  I'm trying to use Unity's DeLighting tool and it requires them along with Normal, Color, and Ambient. Or even better, a DeLighitng tool in 3DC, though I'm not sure how hard it is to do.

The Light Baking Tool has that option.

• Like 1

OK this might be a bug. When I export textures view the menu, Textures > Export > Color/Albedo and say "No" on the "Fill empty space?" question. The exported images does not have 100% transparency. You can see below, a screenshot from Photoshop. how it exports on the left and how it should look on the right.

white_tree_bent.png

Is Store gloss/... switched off ?

Store gloss... .jpg

1 hour ago, BurrMan said:

is it correct that the first 6 alphas (in default) have NO right click, edit function?

yes

• Like 1

Also, early build with sculpt layers, only for real enthusiasts may be downloaded there:

http://pilgway.com/files/3dcoat/V4.8/3d-Coat-V4_8-20SL-64.exe

All same features as in 20 version, but with sculpt layers. Sculpt layers are functional even with topology-breaking functions (LC etc), but with some obvious limitations, rather visual than technical (tangent smoothing on previous layers looks not good after hoding non-top layer).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Also, early build with sculpt layers, only for real enthusiasts may be downloaded there:

http://pilgway.com/files/3dcoat/V4.8/3d-Coat-V4_8-20SL-64.exe

All same features as in 20 version, but with sculpt layers. Sculpt layers are functional even with topology-breaking functions (LC etc), but with some obvious limitations, rather visual than technical (tangent smoothing on previous layers looks not good after hoding non-top layer).

This link is SUPER slow. Here is a link to it on GoogleDrive: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaNT0os_sbnn6idLIL-VWJ1ddGqkKgCb/view?usp=sharing

Surface mode , and open the paint layers inside the sculpt room!!!!

Create a new layer and do your changes on the model .

Adjust normal from 0 to 100 to see the effect.

• Like 1

I'm amazed how fast sculpt layers work. If this speed remains the same after this feature is done I would be very happy :)

• Like 2

Ha , thats exactly what i said to Andrew himself , super fast and fluid superior sculpting.

• Like 2