3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

17 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Try using this values please.

SceneScale.jpg

I dont understand why I'd have to go to the Retopo room to adjust scene scale.  I'm only uv mapping and painting then exporting. Sometimes not even painting - just uv map and export.

i tried this and my model disappeared in 3dcoat in the paint and UV rooms. 

so my problem is  if I make an object in LW as 200mm wide, then save LWO, then import for uv map from main menu splash in 3dc, uv map, then export as fbx, then import asset in Unity it is 2mm wide

what is going on? Maybe I don't understand 3dc's rooms fundamentally, but I don't remember having a scale problem with the export before with this workflow in 3dc? but before there was not unity export preset in 3dc.  There is no scene scale in the export.

Thanks for explaining what I'm doing wrong  I think this has to do witn 4.8.03

I don't think it is related to Scale window. 3D-Coat imports and exports the same coordinates of object. But different software may interpret same values as meters/centimeters or millimeters. I on't know how is it managed in LW, but try to set different measure units in LW - meters, centimeters or millimeters and look how export differs in scale.

1 minute ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I don't think it is related to Scale window. 3D-Coat imports and exports the same coordinates of object. But different software may interpret same values as meters/centimeters or millimeters. I on't know how is it managed in LW, but try to set different measure units in LW - meters, centimeters or millimeters and look how export differs in scale.

LW is meters and Unity doesn't specify a unit as far as I'm aware.  I don't know what 3dc default  unit is.

The reason I asked is that I did this workflow with 3dc several versions ago (4.x) and this scale difference didnt happen.  Any ideas?

By default, the units in Unity are meters.

I think 3d coat is mm since if you use the measure tool it starts as mm in default.  (Edit its meters as well)

Andrew is correct of course on what he says , now if there is a bug in something i am not in a position to know since in my workflow

Maya LT , Houdini , 3D Coat everything works fine.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

I have just tried to install 4.8, but my AVG flagged it as having a virus? I assumed It was possibly just part of it so made it an exception. When I tried to run it , it would not run and a box popped up saying It would not run because of virus. I uninstalled.

Any ideas?

Hmmmm , have Avira and it passed ok. There is no way of having a virus by the way.

Disable the antivirus , and install , it will work fine , then re enable the antivirus.

Thanks ,that sort of worked ...but during the process my GL icon shortcut got put in quarantine,now it is completey gone and I can only use the DX version...

question .How can I get my application  icon back...its nowhere to be seen,

Ive been using GL for everything for ages .Will using DX affect anything? ( I am using a GTX 1050 gfx card.)

thanks 

Edited by stusutcliffe

I would prefer GL as well.

Try at the sandbox area of the antivirus or the quarantine area , not so familiar with AVG anymore.

I found it there ,but deleted it I think.... I thought I was maybe restoring it but I just deleted it...doh. So Its basically gone I think. I reinstalled everything but its still gone. Maybe I have to start from scratch, How would I do that ,Do I have to delete the users folders. This is all a bit beyond me. The Dx Version seems to work just fine, just dont like the thought that there is something missing that I broke.

edit , It just crashed  moving the color palette...sod it I will go back  to previous version...this really need to work at moment.

thanks for helping

Edited by stusutcliffe

Set scenes to meters before importing any of the assets into 3d coat helps ?

DefineMeasurementUnits.png

Will be great If I could add my input also, during import, some dimensions panel should display the physical size and global position of the imported mesh, and allow for resizing, scaling, rotating and adjusting, before the mesh is committed.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, Mr.Panka said:

in 4.8.01 on Mac, renderman is not working.

This is known problem and still WIP.

@Carlosan

So, I could manage unit in 3d coat voxel room, (I often really need many try and erroer,, I often forget it,,)

but I do not know how I keep those setting. it is saved with 3d coat scene only? 

or I can save those setting as option,  then choose from UI, (eg for blender meter unit etc?) as start up setting? 

11 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

LightWave uses meters. This comes up a lot when I'm 3D printing.

8 hours ago, philnolan3d said:

LightWave uses meters. This comes up a lot when I'm 3D printing.

meaning it doesn't work for you either?

do you go lw->3dc->unity ?

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:59 AM, stusutcliffe said:

I have just tried to install 4.8, but my AVG flagged it as having a virus? I assumed It was possibly just part of it so made it an exception. When I tried to run it , it would not run and a box popped up saying It would not run because of virus. I uninstalled.

Any ideas?

Hi Stu,

Ever since my last AVG update, during any install, AVG will pop up saying it is checking for a virus...then 15 seconds later that dialog box will close allowing installation. It's just AVG checking for bad stuff within the running installer. At first it scared me too...so I just sat and waited, then the AVG dialog closed. It's actually pretty nice, and it's warned me about several web sites with improper or expired credentials too :) Hope this helps !!!

16 hours ago, popwfx said:

meaning it doesn't work for you either?

do you go lw->3dc->unity ?

Oh I don't know, I was just confirming that LW is Meters.

Thanks fingers,yes I get that box also. My AVG was quarantine ING the application icon for the gl version then I deleted it by accident from the quarantine area... Pretty sure i pressed the make exception button. Oh well I will try again in a bit.

• Like 1

Some help here.... I have already downloaded and reinstalled the program (disconnecting this time the anti-virus), but even then this boring behavior of AVG antivirus block and take the 3d-coat v4.8GL64C.EXE to quarantine. The DX version is working properly, but every time I try to do a Restore in AVG it allows me and when I try to open the program again it blocks 3DcoatGL64C .... What to do?

Thanks

3dCoat_AVG_error_Capture.JPG

4.8.03 latest upload , need someone to make a quick test.

1) Curves line (default) voxels 

2) While making the curve points  hit ctrl Z to undo a point

3) 3D Coat hangs up and i must close it from the task manager and restart.

MIGHT BE ONLY ME , it gives me hard times the last 3 hours.

Win 10

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

4.8.03 latest upload , need someone to make a quick test.

1) Curves line (default) voxels 

2) While making the curve points  hit ctrl Z to undo a point

3) 3D Coat hangs up and i must close it from the task manager and restart.

MIGHT BE ONLY ME , it gives me hard times the last 3 hours.

Win 10

Many thanks.

can't confirm so far
but Win 7

and using Backspace key to undo a point instead of Ctrl Z is also works as it should

Edited by druh0o
  • Like 1

Hey Everyone

Can anyone confirm this. I am using Version 8.03.

Inside 3DC in full Screen mode. If you try adding a new Image the Popup/Open menu will not show up. It only will show after using the Task Manager or in normal screen mode.

Congrats on version 4.8 btw ....lets get rid of all these bugs!! :)

I hope to see this day come true " Plugin for the Most Popular Game Engines U3D / URE4