3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

On 11/7/2018 at 7:40 AM, Werner_Z said:

Very very slow loading of scenes in the latest build. 4.8.25A-SL

Load screen stays on "prepare for texturing"  way too long.  Even on lighter scenes.

It's only the first time you load an old file. After you save it and reload it won't do that.

• Like 1

Hi,

I recently installed the latest 3D-Coat for macOS (4.8.26), and noticed the following:

I start 3D-Coat and choose auto-retopology, then after the window with the initial settings I press S and check x symmetry. Subsequently I press Next in the following requesters, because I want to skip the density painting and guide drawing. Finally, nothing happens. I just see the imported mesh, without Autopo.

So I need to right-click on the imported mesh layer and reinitialize Autopo to make it work.

Is this a bug or is there a specific moment you need to activate symmetry? A symmetry option in the initial Autopo options would be more convenient.

Thanks.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

(1) - Merge visible was not changed. Possibly there is difference on your side - voxel/surface, different layers selected etc. If you will provide scene/steps to reproduce, I will investigate and fix.

(2) - not understood.

I will contact you sometime next week and show you what I mean. Both topics. It's fast to show. I can provide you the example scene then.

Removing undercuts needs very long to calculate too. Much longer then v4.8.20.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:31 PM, lesaint said:

It's only the first time you load an old file. After you save it and reload it won't do that.

I guess I spoke too hastily. sometimes it doesn't do it on reload, but other times it does

4.8.25A-SL(GL64) "Don't snap subdivision vertices to surface" is missing from the import object box when you do "Update paint mesh with retopo mesh"

Since the devs are working on the brush engine, could they take a look at the clone tool ? Pen pressure works fine with the clone tool for per pixel painting, but not in vertex painting mode, and yes I know bout setting opacity in tool options, but it just isn't the same.

Also is copy/paste tool broken ? It doesn't do anything.