3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

Can't confirm so far
3DC in full Screen mode but Win 7

popup.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rygaard said:

Some help here.... I have already downloaded and reinstalled the program (disconnecting this time the anti-virus), but even then this boring behavior of AVG antivirus block and take the 3d-coat v4.8GL64C.EXE to quarantine. The DX version is working properly, but every time I try to do a Restore in AVG it allows me and when I try to open the program again it blocks 3DcoatGL64C .... What to do?

Thanks

3dCoat_AVG_error_Capture.JPG

Are you sure you downloaded latest build? Downloaded exe should be 

3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64FX.exe

I downloaded, installed, checked with all known antiviruses, this is report:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ad26a7a518822496430cb79b343d7bb82b32e08d4bffe3dcd9f6623b1ee20577/detection

• Like 2

6 hours ago, druh0o said:

can't confirm so far
but Win 7

and using Backspace key to undo a point instead of Ctrl Z is also works as it should

Many thanks for the reply , freezes on backspace as well , forgot to mention it.

Must be the additional VR space i added that causes the continues auto save (even when autosave is disabled) and the freeze as well.

All good , was going to format it anyway too many new hardware added , it logical to get issues.

Many thanks for the testing and your time dr

Just had to share this!!!!

AMAZING WORK ON 3D MODELLING with PRIMITIVES from the DEV team.

Thank you so much for adding those.

1) Primitives

2) Select vertices

3)Transform 

4) Split 

5) DONE

Then retopo to sculpt , do your sculpt details and bake 2 in 1 .

This was made in around  10 minutes , 15 MAX  , faster 3d modeller EVER USED SO FAR.

Note to new users : DEFINITELY GO IN TO THIS PATH , it takes a bit of time to get used to it but once you get the hang of it IT ROCKS

Note to the Dev team : AWESOME WORK SO FAR , IF possible 1) A bridge tool 2) more primitives!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Primitives_3d_modelling.jpg

baked_result.jpg

normal_details_result.jpg

Hopefully i lower the different softwares i use in my main workflow thanks to 3D Coat.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64FX.exe

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ad26a7a518822496430cb79b343d7bb82b32e08d4bffe3dcd9f6623b1ee20577/detection

Thank you Andrew ...All seems good for me now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64FX.exe

Thank you very much Andrew Shpagin! The link to download  (3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64.exe) is not the same that you give me. Now everything ok!

I'm finding the Linux version of 4.8.03 noticeably slower than the Windows version.

I have a dual-boot so hardware is identical but as an example:

in Per-Pixel mode, load the Robot

-turning off and on AO and the other auto-gen layers takes under 1 second on Windows, well over 3 seconds on Linux

OpenGL mode on both Win and Linux, GeForce 960GTS, new drivers on both Win and Linux

Have I missed a setting or optimization?

Cheers,

Peter B

So key combo for tool settings adjustment = nothing is "red for depth"... "Shift is Green for smoothing" and Ctrl is "Blue for ??? Falloff????"

Currently blue is duplicating as "Depth"

38 minutes ago, BurrMan said:

So key combo for tool settings adjustment = nothing is "red for depth"... "Shift is Green for smoothing" and Ctrl is "Blue for ??? Falloff????"

Currently blue is duplicating as "Depth"

Blue just indicates that the action is Inverted (indents rather than extrudes)

Regarding the Applink; once I have a Voxel object in 3DC and I want to send it back to Blender in my case, the File menu item to do so reads as, "BringVoxelsBackToApp" - just like that without spaces. Could this be changed to something like, "Send Mesh Back to App"?

This is on 4.8.0.3 under Windows 10

Edited by unity2k
added extra data

Bug: Background->Ref-image can not be replaced, if using the same file name for replacing image.

How to reproduce:

1. Create a background image: f.e. myimage.png

2. Set it to one of the axis in 3DC and close guides.

3. Edit myimage.png in your external program (photoshop f.e.) and replace the origin file with the update.

4. Edit image placement in 3DC and try to load the new version of myimage.png.

-> No changes.

3DC seem to use the file in the cache instead of reloading it from disk.

The only workaroud is to save myimage.png using a new name.

This happend to alphas and stencils in the history too. I hope it was fixed there. Have not tried it.

Can someone reproduce this?

Best wishes
Chris

I'm having a problem with this latest version, no smart materials show up.  Do I need to do an extra step?  I did run the copy data from the previous version, but not even the smart materials that I created before have shown up.  

Are you opening the app from the default alias or from old shortcut in desktop ?

I have a launcher on the Cinnamon desktop that I edited to point to the new version.  Does that make a difference?  

Not sure if this is a new issue, but name correspondance for baking fails if the vox layers are in a hierarchy. It works only if all the objects are set to "root".

Strip voxel sculpting stops working after changing strip alpha.

Been messing with strips in voxel room today, using airbrush/build/extrude. I found that after changing the strip alpha around 3 times the tool would stop sculpting. If I change then, say airbrush to build then back again, the tool would function correctly again.

Mac 10.12.6, v4.8.03

EDIT: Just tried in surface mode with General Clay LC mode. Same issue between one and three strip changes and tool stops working. Switch tool and back again, all good. Perhaps this is more widespread—I'll keep an eye out and report back if it happens in other circumstances.

EDIT2: Tried paint room with brush tool and strips, same thing. Switch to pencil and back -> correct behaviour.

Edited by Hammers

And just confirmed in Surface mode, Draw tool. Seems like it's just a general strips problem. I'll stop spamming now ;)

That said-finally upgraded my Edu to Pro. V excited, and ready to get deeper into this tool!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lesaint said:

Not sure if this is a new issue, but name correspondance for baking fails if the vox layers are in a hierarchy. It works only if all the objects are set to "root".

Sequential baking (Names Correspondence) treats all child layers as if they are part of the parent layer. They don't get baked separately. Only parent layers. Are you saying the whole bake fails if you have some child layers?

@AbnRanger Ah, no, it is like you say, it does not fail completely, just makes errors because of that. So, I guess it works as it should, I just did not know it worked that way. Thank you.

It seems there's a problem with textures and noise put into alpha slots of Smart Materials.
When material A is applied on paint layer and then alpha-masked material B is put over it (on the same layer) it will fully cover material A regardless of B's alpha settings.

To reproduce:

1. Create a paint layer.
  2. Fill the layer with material A (like copper)
  3. Fill the layer with alpha masked material B (like dust_1).

Ignored slots: condition mask texture, edge scattering texture, mask/opacity texture.

Can anyone confirm?

Another one (probably related):

1. Fill layer A with non-alpha material, like the copper.
  2. Fill layer B (above layer A) with alpha-enabled, like said dust_1.
  3. Merge Down Layer B with Layer A. Areas that were transparent in layer B will appear as pure white and opaque in the resulting layer C.
Edited by ajz3d