3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

5 hours ago, The_Mikeman said:

Hi!

As I said it's in every 4.8 version.

But I just found out that this bug only happens when in voxel mode/layer.

000.png.523b3a4a8b4f1a6018e580fa7e23b043.png

I put together a new description below.

Thanks for clear steps, reproduced and fixed.

19 minutes ago, Sorda said:

All these bugs work every time. I know a person whose computer is weaker than mine, but at the same time almost none of those I wrote about are experiencing. At the same time, sometimes in the new version, it does not work what worked in the previous one, and at the same time it was buggy and continues to be buggy for me. The fact that it works for you does not mean that there is no problem.

Of course, all combinations of factors of computer hardware, system, installed programs, it is difficult to take into account, but please at least try to correct errors.

I shot more than 10 videos with playback of bugs, but less than half of them were corrected for the five released versions of the program. 

If I have way to reproduce, I fix. If you post video, bu I can't reproduce after many attempts, I can't fix.

39 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

Hi,

Geometry / HighLight function is not working to me...  (I'm using  version 4.8.37 SL (DX) )
Maybe bug?

It works correctly on my side.

• Like 1

Hi!

Thanks for clear steps, reproduced and fixed.

The bug was described by me on  December 26, 2018. 

With all due respect, the answer to "I'm fine, no problem" is like the answer of an oncologist to a cancer patient. Like, I have no cancer, so you do not, and we will not treat you. Clear the bed.

Edited by Sorda

12 minutes ago, Sorda said:

The bug was described by me on  December 26, 2018. 

Thank. We know the problems of the Cell tool. This tool is in the finalization. Alternatively, you can use the tool Vox Hide (Скрыть) or Cut Off (Отрезать)

1 minute ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

Thank. We know the problems of the Cell tool. This tool is in the finalization. Alternatively, you can use the tool Vox Hide (Скрыть) or Cut Off (Отрезать)

That's not the point. I even wrote to Shpagin in the mail about this. And the reaction is only now, as if he sees it for the first time.  

1. YouTube videos
2. Mantis
3. I sent them to Shpagin, I wrote them here, I wrote them on the mantis, I wrote them down on YouTube. From all that I have described, the reference drawing from version .25 has been fixed. 

33 minutes ago, Sorda said:

That's not the point. I even wrote to Shpagin in the mail about this. And the reaction is only now, as if he sees it for the first time.  

I can't imagine why. Tone it down.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

Try changing the point connection type.

1.png

It doesn't do anything by changing the point connection type.  Is it possible to add a radial scale control for selected point to future build?

8 hours ago, The_Mikeman said:

Hi!

----------------------------------

1. Start with a volxel-sphere.

0000.png.c7a7f26d93bc1fb964dcc34accd092e0.png

2. Press the "To Uniform Space" Button.

002.png.d90add3129428b67611f03ddfc2c907a.png

3. Sculpt on voxel-sphere (e.g. with grow)

003.png.f04f795b6ed7dade4413f9f6c590e6f1.png

4. Press UNDO.

005.png.b761a98eb05251a0bc9cdbd89e79c319.png

5. BUG!

006.png.c1ef973c00ad15b9a51162f33005a3cd.png

The "To Uniform Space"-function/button (in voxel-layer) breaks the object!

Yeah, in voxel sculpting even though I've never used "To Uniform Space", not every undo but it happens very often.  Hitting undo again brings object back to previous normal stage.  I have to hit "to Globle space" so the next few undos wouldn't break the object.  For the time being I assign a hotkey to  "to Globle space" and constantly hitting it in voxel mode to prevent this.

4 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

It works correctly on my side.

I discovered the problem that was happening to me so that the Geometry / HighLight function was not working properly.
If the same thing happens to you, what happened to me, you should be aware of the Shader you are using.
Depending on which Shader you are using the HighLight function will not work.
I do not remember a function that also was not working and the solution was for me to change Shader and so the function returned to work.
In my opinion, Shaders could go through a review, this is just a little advice to developers, Shaders are influencing or interfering with some of the 3d-coat functions not working.

9 hours ago, Sorda said:

It are very different things - to fix bug that arises rarely randomly and to fix something that may be reproduced.

All what I was able to reproduce from this video I fixed (Undo bug). See my comment under the video. 

9 hours ago, animk said:

Yeah, in voxel sculpting even though I've never used "To Uniform Space", not every undo but it happens very often.  Hitting undo again brings object back to previous normal stage.  I have to hit "to Globle space" so the next few undos wouldn't break the object.  For the time being I assign a hotkey to  "to Globle space" and constantly hitting it in voxel mode to prevent this.

BUG reproduced and confirmed here in version 4.8.37, too.

12 hours ago, animk said:

It doesn't do anything by changing the point connection type.  Is it possible to add a radial scale control for selected point to future build?

I assign the radius of each point and have no difficulty with this.

Try changing the Polygons Density setting.

1.png

2 hours ago, Taros said:
12 hours ago, animk said:

BUG reproduced and confirmed here in version 4.8.37, too.

Sorry for my mistake, "to Globle space" doesn't prevent this bug, it actually triggers the bug.  I don't know why I thought that way.  Maybe my sculpting habit confuses myself.

38 minutes ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

I assign the radius of each point and have no difficulty with this.

Try changing the Polygons Density setting.

1.png

Thanks a lot, that solved my problem, I can also assign radius to selected points by unchecking the "lock radius" :yahoo:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Taros said:

Feature request

Cycles render engine support: http://3dcoat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2433

EEvee is great, too. It's real time or almost real time.   I always render my sculpt in eevee, but need to decimate my sculpt before importing to blender, because it takes blender forever to import a large file.

Support for more render engines always will be great.

Cycles is slow and very noisy. Keyshot use Luxion and is fast and accurate. Substance Painter, Daz use Iray.

Before adopting a render engine, the problem for 3DC is how the selection of shaders is manufactured to be easily interchangeable with other render engines.

That's why ZBrush has an internal render and a bridge -applink- to Keyshot to send geometry and add shaders from a library of prefabricated materials.

Cycles -for what I know- does not have a mat library.

Radeon Pro render is what comes closest to Keyshot, with material library and hybrid acceleration by CPU/GPU. And it's free.

I may hope to use cycles for most of  final render, but I understand render engine is not matter when it can adapt PBR workflow basic.

after all we often need to adjust material for each render engine.  One thing I really hope to see is refraction with ior. (not just alpha opacity)

I do not hope it becom too complex, (eg Iray offer thin wall option too, it is really convinient, but to convert the mat, it cause dififculity for another render engine)

but we may need "refraction weight (which can use to separate non refraction part ), and ior setting,  and refraction color map. (sometimes base colror or alberto color are used for the purpose too)

how use these map to show refraction (or semi- refraction if need) is different about each render enginne and shader(nodes), but priciple is almost same.though I know, use refraction with ior cost heavy resource  too.  so do not need high quarity, but clear separate refraction part with applied texture (for glass) in 3d coat.

Because Cycles was not doing good with caustics and refraction, I used LuxCoreRender.
It's much much easier to use than Cycles and RadeonPro Render with much of the needed features (Denoiser, hybrid acceleration CPU/GPU...).
It's very well integrated in Blender (Plugin for 2.8 in the way) and they also plan to add a material library. The results are very very accurate with the proper settings!

For powerful but easy rendering LuxCoreRender seems to be a very nice tool but I don't know how well it would work with 3D Coat?