3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

In case nobody mentioned it, the time when autopo crashes is during the Approximate Paramaterization.

autopo_crash.png

7 hours ago, philnolan3d said:

In case nobody mentioned it, the time when autopo crashes is during the Approximate Paramaterization.

That's the exactly what I get too. If you have a mesh that crashes everytime when trying autopo, it would be good to sent that file to Andrew for testing. Maybe first what you can do is that if you delete your 
Documents files does this crash still exists. 

Edited by haikalle
  • Like 1

I've also noticed that I have trouble grabbing some vertices to move them in Retopo. Using any of the tools that do that, Move, Brush, right-click+drag, I usually have the delete the polygon and rebuild it.

Powerful smoothing  should be increased , i got the 39 beta and sculpting now lacks a powerfull smoothing brush.

27.05.2019 4.8.40
- Essential improvement of the models array in curves/splines. Now models will be placed very uniformly along the spline. Full specification is there.

- Snapping for curves imporoved a lot - SHIFT snapping, distance snapping, vertical/horizontal alignment snapping.

- More safe zipping of 3B files. Now 3B file will be saved as is, without zipping. Then zipping thread starts. As soon as it will be finished, original file will be replaced with zipped one (rename, not copy). If crash will happen, unzipped version will remain.

- IncRes subdivides mesh correctly, so that sculpting remains very fast after the operation. Generally, use Geometry->Cleanup memory if something start to lag during the sculpting process.

- Soft booleans for free form primitives as well.

- Soft booleans for volumes (in RMB menu)

- Possibility to relocate 3D-Coat's data folder in Edit menu.

• Like 5

I just installed the .40 SL version and it is described at the top which is the .38 SL version.
image.png.60364e2dddc13c4859a2a84131ef6d70.png

I would like to know if it was an accident the version error or if that version is the .38 instead of the .40?

From my curiosity, I tried to find the possibility to relocate 3d-coat's data folder in the Edit Menu, but I did not find it. I searched the preferences, but I did not find it either.

Is this version that I installed really the .40 (SL) version?

I installed the right version, but I accessed an old version!
A thousand apologies...
It was my mistake ... Sorry!
thank you

thank you

Edited by Rygaard
my mistake

General note for new version:

- Do not use an old desktop alias, the name of the folder for the installation has changed.

I always install a new 3d-coat installation in the same folder so I do not have problems with multiple installations in different folders. So I realized that the name of the new .EXE installation is different from what I was using.
You keep an eye on that. ;) 

image.png.07baec67d2816116c2056d900d4320ee.png

I'm having this:

2019-05-27_1418.png.8fd822bb2f262615c8201fe4cc407826.png

This from the 2nd download from different source.------------------------------------------------------------
 OpenGL | Version: 1.1.0
 OpenGL | Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
 OpenGL | Renderer: GDI Generic
 OpenGL | Supported features:
 OpenGL | Texture Compression: -/-/-/-
 OpenGL | Unsupported features:
 OpenGL | Pixel format
 OpenGL | Multisample
 OpenGL | Multitexture
 OpenGL | Vertex Array Object
 OpenGL | Vertex Buffer Object
 OpenGL | Vertex Attributes
 OpenGL | OpenGL Shading Language
 OpenGL | Frame Buffer Object
 OpenGL | Extensions (3) : GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture
------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Tony Nemo
more info

Many thanks for the built in 3D Coat data folder location option. Had been using a symbolic link for several years and it worked fine but nice to have an official setting now. It definitely takes a long time if you have a lot of Smart Materials and Alpha brushes so its best to do this transfer when you can be away from the pc for awhile.

7 hours ago, Tony Nemo said:

I'm having this:

2019-05-27_1418.png.8fd822bb2f262615c8201fe4cc407826.png

This from the 2nd download from different source.------------------------------------------------------------
 OpenGL | Version: 1.1.0
 OpenGL | Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
 OpenGL | Renderer: GDI Generic
 OpenGL | Supported features:
 OpenGL | Texture Compression: -/-/-/-
 OpenGL | Unsupported features:
 OpenGL | Pixel format
 OpenGL | Multisample
 OpenGL | Multitexture
 OpenGL | Vertex Array Object
 OpenGL | Vertex Buffer Object
 OpenGL | Vertex Attributes
 OpenGL | OpenGL Shading Language
 OpenGL | Frame Buffer Object
 OpenGL | Extensions (3) : GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture
------------------------------------------------------------

Try to reboot PC and reinstall.

Andrew, there seeem to be extremely messy results when using soft booleans (and maybe booleans in general,I haven't tested) when user is not working on Layer 0.

By messy I mean holes and heavy artifacting,remaining chunks of mesh ect... I don't think its necessary for Soft booleans to be compatible with sculpt layers but if it can generate problems when working on anything but layer 0 then it should work on Layer 0 by default. Im using latest SL build.

On 5/28/2019 at 5:53 AM, Rygaard said:

I always install a new 3d-coat installation in the same folder so I do not have problems with multiple installations in different folders. So I realized that the name of the new .EXE installation is different from what I was using.
You keep an eye on that.;) 

image.png.07baec67d2816116c2056d900d4320ee.png

Because of this, there is a problem with the automatic connection of the applink.

Edited by superman punch

"3d-Coat-V4_8-40-64.exe / 3d-Coat-V4_8-40-64_sl.exe"설치 후 0xc000007b 오류가 발생했습니다.
실용적이지 않습니다.
그래서 저는 현재 38 버전을 사용 중입니다.

Edited by superman punch

Hi All,

I can no longer get 3DCoat to work at all...I've tried fresh installs, restarting, redownloading, removing old 3dcoat files...everything.

all I get is this with 4.8.40 in both DX and GL versions.. Win7 64bit Ultimate

3DCoat4-8-40.jpg.f6bea666755f342595ab3ebb866094e0.jpg

Edited by fingers
comp specs omitted

Hi 

Graphics driver are up to date ?

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

Graphics driver are up to date ?

Yes... everything is working with 4.8.39. Unless my video card is suddenly no longer supported.

On 6/3/2019 at 3:53 PM, superman punch said:

"3d-Coat-V4_8-40-64.exe / 3d-Coat-V4_8-40-64_sl.exe"설치  0xc000007b 오류가 발생했습니다.
실용적이지 않습니다.
그래서 저는 현재 38 버전을 사용.

maybe,   0xc000007b  error happen when 64bit DLL and 32bit DLL are mixed,

if you have installed 32bit version , why don't  you try to delete old version .

만약 64bit version와 32bit vestion가 섞여있는 경우, 그 오류가 발생할 것 같습니다

Retopo is not stable in GL version.  I have a file that fail to retopo with instant mesh in GL version.  I am able to retopo in DX version and save the file.  Once I open the file in GL version, switch to Retopo room, the file crashes.

The same thing happens if I open the file in GL version 4.38.39.  Wonder if that's the problem of my file.

I am on win 10, Geforce RTX 2060

Capture3.JPG

Edited by animk

Hi 

All this issues were reported.

Thx.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2019 at 5:22 PM, philnolan3d said:

autopo_crash.png

This is still a MAJOR problem, making Auto Retopo unusable right now. I just tried to use it on a rather simple shaped object and 3DCoat is hanging during this same stage. Something is definitely broken (4.8.40SL)

any updates on getting Linux version up to speed? Would love to try those improvements - especially with booleans. Also I think that ability to set up data folders via menu entry is nice touch  - save a bit of hassle in form of settings up env variables.

3DC version 4.8.40 SL, opengl.

The new beta curves are still having the staircase effect when using the cut off tool. I would imagine in other tools as well but have not tested

You can not use the current beta curves for hard surface clean cuts. Please look at when there is development time in the curves schedule.

The old curves cut smoothly. 

Example shown in  the picture. Left side, smooth cut, right side, staircase (new beta curves)

A few other users have reported the same staircase effect using the new beta curves.

smoothstaircase.jpg

• Like 1