3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Strokes in surface mode

felixcani

• Reputable Contributor
7 hours ago, felixcani said:

And for some reason even with all these strokes on a thicker mesh I get this  :/

ring.png

It's probably not a sufficient amount of POINTS DENSITY, that causes the issue. Closed or open shouldn't matter. Double the Stroke Points Density amount (toolbar above the viewport) and see if that doesn't fix it.

• Reputable Contributor

...Nevermind on that. I spoke before I looked closely at the screengrab. Spline points density is usually the culprit, in my experience, but it seems you have plenty in that example. Problem that I see is that the green stroke is messed up on the end...going well off the mesh. Don't do let your CROSS-SECTIONAL stroke go off the mesh and it's probably not a good idea to make it wrap back around to the inside.

Fix that and you fix your problem.

• Reputable Contributor

Try it on the other side or click INVERT MIRROR in the toolbar. You may have VIRTUAL MIRROR mode on (checked in the RETOPO menu) and I would uncheck that, as it is basically a Preview mode and can throw the user off. 3D Coat generally looks for meshes on the Positive side of a Symmetry Axis plane. If you want to build it on the negative, you need to check INVERT MIRROR.

So, I bet if you just uncheck VIRTUAL MIRROR Mode and build the mesh on the positive side of the symmetry plane, it will work properly.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:55 AM, AbnRanger said:

...Nevermind on that. I spoke before I looked closely at the screengrab. Spline points density is usually the culprit, in my experience, but it seems you have plenty in that example. Problem that I see is that the green stroke is messed up on the end...going well off the mesh. Don't do let your CROSS-SECTIONAL stroke go off the mesh and it's probably not a good idea to make it wrap back around to the inside.

Fix that and you fix your problem.

I think it works now :D

p.s u gave any idea how to retopo hard to get places.

• Reputable Contributor
8 hours ago, felixcani said:

8 hours ago, felixcani said:

Go to SCULPT room and use either VOX HIDE or SURFACE HIDE to hide the part that is obscuring your view. You can select polygons in the Retopo room and click HIDE in the SELECTED section of the tool panel, if you need to hide parts of the Retopo mesh.

6 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Go to SCULPT room and use either VOX HIDE or SURFACE HIDE to hide the part that is obscuring your view. You can select polygons in the Retopo room and click HIDE in the SELECTED section of the tool panel, if you need to hide parts of the Retopo mesh.

<3 <3 <3 THANK YOUU

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Strokes in surface mode
On 5/19/2018 at 10:20 PM, Tony Nemo said:

Go to the Retopo menu and click on "Apply symmetry to " all or current layer to get rid of that red warning.

21 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Not relevant to this, but as I am like.... super newbie on this retopo process. Any of you know why my bake loks like this ?  . The sculpt looks fine. Retopo too, but this just ends up bad no matter what I do. Granted it looks kinda cool.

bake.png

• Reputable Contributor
11 minutes ago, felixcani said:

Not relevant to this, but as I am like.... super newbie on this retopo process. Any of you know why my bake loks like this ?  . The sculpt looks fine. Retopo too, but this just ends up bad no matter what I do. Granted it looks kinda cool.

bake.png

Looks like you have both the Voxel object and the newly baked Paint object showing in the Viewport. If you want to see just the Paint Mesh, go to the VIEW menu and uncheck " SHOW VOXELS IN PAINT ROOM.

9 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Looks like you have both the Voxel object and the newly baked Paint object showing in the Viewport. If you want to see just the Paint Mesh, go to the VIEW menu and uncheck " SHOW VOXELS IN PAINT ROOM.

I am so sorry for my lack of knowledge and lack og reply (it was around 3 am here). Thank you so much for your generous help! I am not the fastest leaner, so this forum has been amazing to me so far. 
I cannot thank you enough!

• Reputable Contributor
1 minute ago, felixcani said:

I am so sorry for my lack of knowledge and lack og reply (it was around 3 am here). Thank you so much for your generous help! I am not the fastest leaner, so this forum has been amazing to me so far. 
I cannot thank you enough!

Glad to help and hope that worked for you.

7 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Glad to help and hope that worked for you.

Do you perhaps know why the baked  meshes turns dark/black and doesn't allow to be painted on ? Can it have anything to do with the fact that everything I import  to 3D coat turns VERY red ? O.O Also can't make ANY new layers in paint room

Edited by felixcani

• Contributor

Images help so others know where you are (in Paint?) And painting on meshes? Where is that? When you got rid of the voxel view and saw your character without the grey color, where is the mesh? You can paint on the model in the paint room.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:53 PM, Tony Nemo said:

Images help so others know where you are (in Paint?) And painting on meshes? Where is that? When you got rid of the voxel view and saw your character without the grey color, where is the mesh? You can paint on the model in the paint room.

I think I figured out. I used bake normal with dethering option.

Now my issue however is that when I go back to a retopo mesh and try and edit it I can't. I cannot add any new retopo mesh. It only comes out as more brightly colored and creeates holes in my already excisting mesh..

morer.png