3DCoat Forums

[Solved] No sculpting after Windows Update

ephdot

I updated to the latest Windows 10 (April update or some nonsense) and nothing works when I try to sculpt.  I click and drag, everything seems normal, but it has no effect on the object being sculpted.  This includes Voxel and Surface sculpting.  Not sure if I somehow did something, but it was working when I last ran the 3D Coat.

Any suggestions?

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] No sculpting after Windows Update
  • Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, ephdot said:

Thanks to both of you.  That seems to have done the trick.

These freaking updates from Microsoft.  It took me like 12 hours to get my machine running properly again after the one in the fall.

Yeah. After this update, and even after re-installing the latest Wacom drivers, I have the problem of having to restart the Wacom Service (in Windows Task Manager under the SERVICES tab) every time I bring my system out of sleep. When I am away from my PC, I always hit the SLEEP button rather than shut the system down. It's faster getting the system back up and you can generally keep your programs open and such.

Windows and Wacom need to get their act together. I was really close to selling my Intuos Pro (2017 version), and going back to my old Intuos 3, because of all the niggly issues like this.

My Wacom tablet start sometimes when I boot, and other times not.  I have to restart the service to get it running, and I'm on Win 7 64bit so I would say it's more of a Wacom driver problem.  Maybe :)  You never know with Microsoft...