3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Vox Layer tool not working if thickness is below 0.600

Falconius

• Advanced Member

So I'm not sure when this started occurring and I'm not sure of the cause, because it also happens in version 4.8.05 and it doesn't seem to depend on the other parameters (extrude direction stuff or border style stuff or the parameters of Layer offset or thickness).  It just never seems to extrude and blows up on memory usage (and the hard faults/sec graph climbs till its full) but even when left alone for a period of time like (10 min to half an hour) never seems to finish (even with no other programs or web browser in the background).  It used to work perfectly normally with this computer in 4.8.05 (and I think also in 4.8.15D but I can't be sure).  I can't recall any system changes other than regular driver updates for my graphics card (GTX1080).

It still seems to be doing thin though and I'm able to still use the compute (with an fps of about 5) so I wouldn't describe it as a freeze or a crash, but it didn't do this before and it never seems to finish whatever it's doing so...
Voxlayerfreeze.thumb.jpg.48ca90d0a1694e1851d88dcdf7c9a790.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I think this was a double thread and it was answered in the other one.  The problem was with the parameters, they cause this bug.  The layer offset or the thickness have to be bigger than they are. 

After some testing:  Set the thickness at or above 0.600, anything below that still causes this bug to happen even in version 4.8.20.

Edited by Falconius

• Carlosan changed the title to Vox Layer tool not working if thickness is below 0.600
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Vox Layer tool not working if thickness is below 0.600