3DCoat Forums

Add Reference Images

• Advanced Member

I know how to add references images but it seems to me that only one image can be added per axis.

Is this actually true? 

If not then how can I add multiple reference images to one axis?

• Contributor

There once was a program that allowed a user to load half a dozen pics and switch between them. The image would stay over your model and allow you to work through it. But it ceased to be supported and is no longer available. It didn't require an axis view and allowed three quarter views or any variance in view angle. A perfect addon for 3DC in some future build.

• Advanced Member

I'm just thinking lets say you have some really good reference images of the front and back of an object, (left and right doesn't really matter so much) and the top and bottom. There is no way of doing that in 3DCoat :(

I agree it would be a good addition to a feature update.

Another option is KUADRO -free app-

Kuadro is a tool that lets you open multiple windows across multiple monitors, resize, rotate, crop, zoom, and organize them the way you want it on your desktop, and then save that preset for later!

The tool is portable, so all you need is the executable, no installation and it can live in your dropbox or gdrive. It's designed to stay out of your way and be as minimal as possible.

0.jpg

The tool is free to download, and you can get it at
http://kruelgames.com/tools/kuadro/

• Advanced Member

PurRef is nice, but I find the controls irritating because it's hotkey based, and its not like you're in the program all the time, you set up and then leave, so you don't learn those keys and always have to look in the menus for what to press.  Other than that it's really useful to arrange collages of images or for overlaying images on top of other programs.  You can enter an amount of 0 and still download it, so you can give a try and decide later if you ever want to give them money.