3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Retopo Strokes not working ?

Guyverzero

Hey,

In the middle of a retopo (female character), I grabbed the strokes tool to create a few loops around the fingers, in this case, set my segments and hitting Enter gives no result (Or it appears to not). After trying multiple times on different fingers, legs and the body there is some kind of geo there, but its as if its all collapsed in on itself and would be a nightmare to unravel it.

I'm using version 4.18.15D(DX54), is this an issue with the reference mesh or a possible bug? 

Strokes.jpg

Thanks for the speedy reply! :good:

I downloaded and tried the same thing in the newer version and I still get the same outcome? 

I can draw strokes in a square and it will give a poly face, trying the loop approach equals to nothing after hitting enter OR the faces seem to be vertices all stacked on top of each other.

Thanks again for any help.

Topogun problem.jpg

Ok so I created a cylinder (inside 3dCoat) and switched to the Retopo tab, the stroke tool worked perfectly first time! So I guess there is an issue with my reference mesh.

I decimated a few pieces in ZBrush, merged them together and exported as an obj, Imported for retopo in 3dCoat.  So far I still have not managed to get the strokes tool to work on fingers, legs etc. 

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Retopo Strokes not working ?