3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Sculpt Room Mesh vanished

After spending time painting a retopo mesh in the paint room I jumped back to the sculpt room and the layer that had the original sculpt seems empty? The layer is still there same name and subdivision but the mesh is gone? I'm not sure when this would have happened.

The selected layer in the sculpt room is what was used to bake the detail to the retopo mesh but its just gone?

I've tried everything I could think

PaintRoom.PNG

SculptRoom.PNG

16 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Can you please unhide both layers please.

Unhide.jpg

that layer contains the original low poly mesh that I duplicated and subdivided to sculpt

Hand1.PNG

Hand2.PNG

45 minutes ago, Tony Nemo said:

In Sculpt>Geometry click on Retopo mesh > Sculpt mesh.

yeah this bring the lowpoly retopo mesh to the sculpt room. The details you see on the low poly were baked from a sculpt, I was doing some painting in the paint room, I had gone to the sculpt room at one point and the sculpt was still there, the next day towards the end of the day I checked the sculpt room again and the layer was empty,  my issue is that the high poly sculpt is missing and I'm not sure when or why it disappeared?

Edited by Kelvoid

Ah, its just bringing the retopo mesh for me, no detail or anything, and the high poly sculpt is still not present which is what I'm trying to get back. I'm really not sure what happened it seems to have just cleared the layer at some point and I wasn't aware and kept working.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

i have same probelm.  lost 3 days of work on a character in very advanced stage.  i have 19 back  up filews and all are screwed.  how can this be possible!!!   sooo not cool.  totally screwed --- HOWEVER.  seems to be smooth shading problem   go to view and change from smoth shading to any other view model such as specular and lo and behold the mesh reappears

havent fixed it all yet but im guessing a resinatll might tweak it.  at least the informaiton is there...can always export.  thankk= GOD

image.thumb.png.e4f0b812bd113566c18202d76edb290b.pngimage.thumb.png.3b8d7b7ba9eb9bbd4201d1898e5b28ed.png

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Sculpt Room Mesh vanished