3DCoat Forums

How to choose the baking side?

Wasili

One option will be to split the retopology islands in groups and use this option.

Another is to hide islands and perform 2 bakes then merge.

* Is a workaround because islands are the same but overlapped

Name correspondence.jpg

Correspond.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Pretty interesting use-case scenario, I've done something similar to this in the past, except I could hide bits of the sculpt, whereas I think in your example you'd have a hard time doing that.

I could be miss-remembering, but I had a super super dense monster model, 3 arms on each side and my poor laptop was struggling big time, so I ended up removing 3 of the arms from one side of the sculpt to get my frame rate up, and copying their retopo UV's onto the side that had the mesh. Maybe I got lucky with the left/right and I could have ended up with a blank bake.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carlosan said:

One option will be to split the retopology islands in groups and use this option.

Another is to hide islands and perform 2 bakes then merge.

* Is a workaround because islands are the same but overlapped

Name correspondence.jpg

Correspond.jpg

I think I understood how this can be done. Is there any chance to take a unwrap from below and put it on top? If I can do this then after the application all this should be baked as needed   http://take.ms/lmGHh

5 hours ago, Gary Dave said:

Довольно интересный сценарий использования, я сделал что-то похожее на это в прошлом, за исключением того, что я мог скрывать кусочки лепты, тогда как я думаю, что в вашем примере вам будет трудно это сделать.

Я мог бы забыть, но у меня была супер-суперплотная модель монстров, по 3 оружия на каждой стороне, а мой плохой ноутбук изо дня в день боролся, поэтому я удалил 3 руки с одной стороны скульптуры, чтобы получить мою рамку повышать скорость и копировать их ретро-УФ-излучение на сторону, имеющую сетку. Может быть, мне повезло с левым / правым, и я мог бы закончить пустым выпеком.

I would just understand how the program chooses which side will bake. There are two sides, but the wrong side is baked )

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Wasili said:

I would just understand how the program chooses which side will bake. There are two sides, but the wrong side is baked )

You can select all the faces of the Retopo mesh > SELECTED section of the Tool Panel, choose FLIP FACES.