3DCoat Forums

uvw seams visibles in fbx

Hi i use the auto uvw from 3d coat so i get quick uvw on my 3D model from 3Ds max, then i add a smart material everything looks good, everything at export works almost fine inside 3ds max

problem is, when i export in fbx format to game engines i see all the seams, everything is divided, so i get an horrible look for my model & texture.

how can i solve that problem quickly ?

thanks

3dcoat_seams.jpg

3dcoat_result.jpg

tried everything, when i export in obj to 3ds max and then re-save in fbx i see all the seams in game engines.

if i try to export in fbx directly from 3dcoat the file doesn't open in games engines

here is my settings, but like i said i tried everything, i allways see the seams...

3dcoat_result.jpg

no news, i get allways the seams visible, now i spent 2 weeks, with allways the same result so i start to get tired of this weird problem, because i did tosn of import export without solution.

i mean the other person tried too with my files, and i got the same result (more ugly), if i try with otehr games engines i also get the visible seams problem, leadwerks engine, game-guru, s2engine hd etc

this is what i got as a result https://forum.game-guru.com/attachment/19599

and this is my texture inside 3dcoat https://3dcoat.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_06/3dcoat_result.jpg.a55bfc10fd8dc779fe8bd9b016428207.jpg

Edited by imothep85

Try this

The model in max .... export it as obj.  Import the model in 3d coat and texture.
Export only textures.
Export the model from max in directx and import it in game guru assigning the same textures.

so i cleaned my uvw (auto uvw are very ugly) inside 3d coat exported to 3ds max, between 3Dcoat & 3Dsmax is almost the same quality, no bug, no visibles seams at rendering, but when i export to fbx for realtime inside a game engine like GG i get this result... i tested with padding 4,8,16,32 but nothing changes

3dcoat_cleaned_uvw.jpg

preservetangents_02.jpg

preservetangents_1.jpg