3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Quad Tool Hanging in Retopo

Ma3rk

I'm just getting back into 3DC & trying to come up to speed with all sorts of things.  Finally got a workflow for Retop working with LW 2018 and generally maling good stides at working with the program again.  Then I hit this snag.

Tried to search on this & thought I'd found a topic on it, but lead no where.  Anyway, I uploaded brief video to tech support but thought I'd put a screen capture here as well.

I can be working along just fine.  Use the Points/Faces tool, no problem.  Then to try & speed things up switch to the Quads tool & upon getting to the last point it all freezes.

3DCQuadToolProb_snapshot.thumb.png.55bd6669f21036a02851f061cf1ff501.png

100% repeatable.  Sometimes I get to the 2nd poly. Have cursor freedom but can't do anything. I do kinda like the little white mouse droppings though.

Every click opens up some menu that won't close.

First time this happened I had no idea what I'd clicked; I was looking away & accidentally hit the key board.  I was asked to save the file & did.  Upon restart of 3Dc & the file, I was back at the same "hung" state.  I finally stumbled on something that released it but again don't know what as I was buried under a dozen or so menus.

When I finally stumbbled onto what triggered it, I made sure not to save, so was able to document.

Anyway, is this the same know issue or something new & improved? 

What's the larger white rectangle (not the edge selection) indicate?

My ancient nVidia Quadro 4000 drivers are up to date, etc.  Running Win7 64 Pro.

Thanks.  Will avoid the tool for now.

Edited by Ma3rk

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Quad Tool Hanging in Retopo
  • Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, Ma3rk said:

Excellent, thanks.  That did the trick.  That a known issue?

M.

If you go into the Sculpt room and change the Ghosted Volumes list menu (top of UI) to PICK AND ACT, it will probably behave like you want. I don't think Retopo was ever intended to work on top of Ghosted volumes, with exception of the use of ghosting in adjusting your baking cage in BAKE SETTINGS.