3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Using Curve Stroke in Sculpt Room (3D-Coat 4.8.18). Does not work!

• Contributor
3 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Thx for inform about this bug. Reported :)

@Carlosan were you able to reproduce this same mistake that was happening to me on your computer? Mainly, changing the layout of the workspace as I described above?

According to my demonstration in the video, depending on the custom layout layout, this will influence the non-functioning Curves Stroke in the Sculpt Room.
I also discovered that there is a file located in the Temp folder named page_4.xml that should have been created automatically if the user makes changes to 3D-Coat and it seems to me that this file also influences the non-functioning of Curves Stroke.

• Contributor
2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Will you share this layout please to try it ?

Of course, please see if I've attached the file correctly.
I do not know if you will have the same error behavior in Curves Stroke that happens here on my pc.
It may be that some files here in my installation are influencing the non-functioning of Curves Stroke in this workspace layout.

Please test on your pc to see if it is the same with you and tell me ... because I need to know if the problem only happens to me when I change the positioning of the central screen of the 3d-coat.

ryaggard_03_jul_2018_workspace.3dc_workspace

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Using Curve Stroke in Sculpt Room (3D-Coat 4.8.18). Does not work!
  • Contributor
4 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Confirmed

it's not working.
The percentage of the calculation appears when the tool is applied and as a result nothing happens.

I thought only this Curves Stroke problem would happen to me, since everyone did not have that problem.
Thank you so much for having tested and confirmed the problem that I am experiencing.  :)
But this problem was good to happen, so that Andrew can be alerted that depending on the user's custom layout, this will break features and tools in 3D-Coat.

A while ago, I already had a problem regarding the layout that I had customized when I was in the Paint Room. I was using the "Menu Edit / Edit Projections in Ext. Editor / External Editor Projector Scale" and when the 3d-coat opened the file in Krita or Photoshop, the screen appeared full of problems and I did not work the functionality as it really should . I had created a topic reporting this problem. At the moment, I forgot the topic name.

I know that Andrew is completely busy developing great and very important features and tools for the 3d-coat that we've all been waiting for a long time, but I hope calmly, at the right time, Andrew will review the 3D-coat layout for see if he finds out what's happening with the code related to this so we will not have any more problems with custom layouts inside the 3d-coat Rooms.
At the same time, Andrew could enable full and advanced customization settings of the workspace layout for users, where the user could choose the tools and features that would appear onscreen and could be placed anywhere in the layout. The creation of customized menus and palettes with any tool and functionalities that the user wanted to insert inside. And other great user customizations and that could be activated by shortcut keys. Only suggestions ... ;)

But if Andrew could fix the problem of custom layout of the user that depending on the layout causes problems to the tools and features of 3d-coat, for me it is already great. :) 

• Contributor

I sent an email to Andrew about this Layout problem with Curves Stroke and the Clone tool and Cut and Clone tool that do not work properly in Surface Mode. I attached in the email the 2 demo videos I made about these problems.  I hope I have helped in some way ... 

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Using Curve Stroke in Sculpt Room (3D-Coat 4.8.18). Does not work!