3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Converting Texture to Microvertex

tekgecko

4 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Same question was asked time ago, please check it.

Thanks but I don't think this covers my question. I have a UV mapped mesh which I have painted. I now want to send this mesh to the sculpt room and KEEPING the colour information I have painted onto the UVs by converting it into microvertex colour. I have read the thread and watched the video but I am struggling to get it.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Converting Texture to Microvertex
  • Reputable Contributor
7 hours ago, tekgecko said:

Thanks for your reply, though I want to take my Per Pixel paint data which is on a UV and convert this into micro-vertex paint. Is this possible?

Did you watch the video? Export your mesh using the high poly option, in the Export Options Menu (close to the top, right under file location). It will include your maps. Import that mesh into the Sculpt Room, as a Surface mode object (not voxels) and 3D Coat bakes the UV texture to Vertex Paint. The higher the poly count of the imported mesh, the higher the resolution of the vertex paint, during the bake. That sounds exactly like the scenario you asked about.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:18 AM, AbnRanger said:

Did you watch the video? Export your mesh using the high poly option, in the Export Options Menu (close to the top, right under file location). It will include your maps. Import that mesh into the Sculpt Room, as a Surface mode object (not voxels) and 3D Coat bakes the UV texture to Vertex Paint. The higher the poly count of the imported mesh, the higher the resolution of the vertex paint, during the bake. That sounds exactly like the scenario you asked about.

Yes I did. As you can see this problem was already solved though, thanks!

• Reputable Contributor
5 minutes ago, tekgecko said:

Yes I did. As you can see this problem was already solved though, thanks!

Vertex Paint is painting on a Sculpt object. So, it's basically the same steps in the video for getting a UV mapped model with the textures baked. That IMPORT FOR VERTEX  PAINT option basically does this step for the user.

• Reputable Contributor

..that splash screen option or FILE > IMPORT > VERTEX PAINT/BIG REFERENCE does the same thing that video showed (which you said it didn't do what you needed). It is just taking a different door into the same room, so to speak.