3DCoat Forums

Where are the SmoothContour , ExtrudeContour and Reduce Boundary features of Fill Holes - Surface Mode?

Rygaard

• Contributor

Hey everyone...

In the old demo video of Raul Fernandez, he demonstrated about the Fill Holes tool in the Surface Mode Sculpt Room. Within the properties of this tool, there were two properties directly related to an opening of the mesh or hole in the mesh that were: SmoothContour , ExtrudeContour and Reduce Boundary.

Currently, in the Fill Holes tool it seems that there are no longer these 3 properties.

I would like to know where I can find these properties SmoothContour , ExtrudeContour and 
Reduce Boundary or are there other tools in Surface Mode that make these same functionalities?

I forgot to ask about the Reduce Boundary property ... Where is this property located too?

Thank you very much
image.thumb.png.f295132eb5a292ec59fa3667bdc8ac7a.pngimage.thumb.png.53d6c77f6b7d103533d75348f8e21a8a.png

Edited by Rygaard

Those tools were development in beta process, the videos that you are seeing were different stages of development.

Many of those parameters were changed in the final version due to stability problems.

Only stable branch tools were added to the trunk.

if you need to ask for improvements please send any support-related questions, feature requests to Andrew Shpagin at

support@3dcoat.com

Thx

• Like 1

• Contributor
4 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Those tools were development in beta process, the videos that you are seeing were different stages of development.

Many of those parameters were changed in the final version due to stability problems.

Only stable branch tools were added to the trunk.

if you need to ask for improvements please send any support-related questions, feature requests to Andrew Shpagin at

support@3dcoat.com 

Thx

I understand you. Perfectly understanding that in the development of tools this kind of thing happens.

I will try to send an email, asking for these features that by what I saw are great. We need modeling tools directly in the Sculpt Room if we want to model in the same sculpture we're working on.

Unfortunately, to model (simple or complex) an object being worked on in the Sculpt Room, the user will need to retopology the object to use the Retopo Room modeling tools or if the user saves the model with millions of polygons in the objects palette, then throw it to the Retopo Room and after that operation 3D-Coat informs you in a window that the Retopo Room does not support millions of polygons and if you want to continue it can cause instabilities ...

If the user chooses the manual or automatic retopology, he will end up missing details that have already been made in the mesh.

I have no idea if there are techniques that the user can do to perform modeling within the Sculpt Room on an object. When I speak in modeling, I mean using tools similar to the Retopo Room or traditional tools as there are in Blender, 3Ds Max, Maya and etc., the user can control extrusions of the edges of holes, smoothing on these edges of holes and etc. . That is, control over the polygons and edges of the object.

There are no techniques, there are tools that are used to perform different task by different artist.

And yes, sculpt - retopo - sent to sculpt - change -  retopo again..., that is a common workflow used on every sculpt program, not only on 3DC.