3DCoat Forums

Good thing I saved my file w/ new name when I could.

Ma3rk

Wow. As I said, good thing I saved my file w/ new name when I could.

Really not sure what happened but I was in Retopo and simply tweeking some vertices with the Brush tool. Had one that didn't want to move & was zooming in tighter & trying to adjust or test brush size I think. Didn't know if it was too small or large. Anyway, suddenly cursor went wild, had it off active panel but not when I tried to dismiss. Got some Windows error about Explore. Kept hitting ESC & At-Tabbing until message came up about something being unstable, save project which I did. Finally was able to exit to the Desktop.

I usually do a simple log-off & back on at this point which I did. Instead, Win went into restart, but I had to hit Reset as it had hung. Upon restart, had to enter BIOS as there was an Overclocking error. Did so & all was as it should be so Saved & restarted. Windows starts uneventfully.

Start 3DC but instead of selecting the previous which it shows as the CrashSave file, I open the file I was working on just before. I go back to the same area (Left Eye) & try the same process of using Brush & tweeking the verts. Just a slight move sends the vert off the screen. Tried on a few others & same thing.

3DCGooberedModel.thumb.jpg.bc785079bffcb884fb6a5c34e419d019.jpg

I then open the CrashSave file & try the same thing and it works as expected. I go back & forth testing both projects & it's 100% consistent.

The Autosave files are earlier than than the crashsaved one so no clues there.

My questions are: What should I be on the lookout for? Something like this a known quirk; I mean how would I even search for something like this?

Thanks.

Very Strange.  Earlier was 100% would do it.  Now I can't get it to.  Both opened up with snapping at 77% though.  Maybe brush radius was a factor as that's the only thig I recall changing & that in turn is related to snapping?

Alright.  Gonna just chalk it up to Evil Spirits and move on.  If it happens again I'll try to get more symptoms.

Tnx

M.

• Sad 1