3DCoat Forums

Saving Materials

andykarta

I'm sure there's an easy answer.  I want to save a PBR material along with its depth, glossiness, and metal....er...metaliciousness that I have previously used in a layer...I'd like to be able to get at it too, without having to load anything from Windows, like maybe put it in it's own folder along with my smart materials.

And

I'd like to know if there's a way to look up a past material I filled a layer if I forgot to save it.

I heard there was a material history but I have no idea if its true.

From this question it's easy to see that I'm not particularly smart with 3D coat yet, so please assume I don't understand things very well.

Thanks

Oh and I'm assuming a Pbr material is made with just the color boxes thing right below stroke mode.  That's the thing I want to save.

• Contributor

You can add (save) PBR materials by right clicking the little triangle on the Default tab. Pick the tab that will be your final location and pick something close to what you want. Then right click the PBR and choose "Smart Material Editor". You can save the file where you want but it will also be available in the tab you chose originally.

12 hours ago, Tony Nemo said:

You can add (save) PBR materials by right clicking the little triangle on the Default tab. Pick the tab that will be your final location and pick something close to what you want. Then right click the PBR and choose "Smart Material Editor". You can save the file where you want but it will also be available in the tab you chose originally.

Thanks.  But can you be a little more specific.  I don't know what the default tab is.