3DCoat Forums

FServer on the go laptop

I own a business. I have a desktop and laptop in my work area for two art persons, both to be
used at the same time on occasion(Thus we bought floating license). As the one with the laptop
may travel from time to time, one cannot always be locally connected. How can one connect to
FServer and not be local?

I hear there is an offline version, but you all must give permission for that.

PS: I can connect the server machine just fine as a server/client, but the secondary I need to be
able to connect on the go.

Warmest Regards,
-Me

Floating licensing scheme is designed to be used inside local company. Standalone license for laptop would be much more convenient because your will not need connection between your laptop and your local license server "FServer". Local license server "FServer" can be reached using external IP-address. When you run local license server "FServer" it shows (in GUI and inside "Log.txt" file) all available IP-addresses by which it can be reached (inside section "Found X interfaces"). Some of them are local, some of them are external. I was able to reach my local license server "FServer" only when directly plugged my server machine to ISP cable (without router). We give offline licenses to those companies which policy doesn't allow connecting their servers to Internet.