3DCoat Forums

Quick Start: Light Baking Tool

Carlosan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have watched this tutorial (I had not realized 3dc had a baked light tool).  I create for Second Life which does NOT have a proper PBR engine.  It is necessary to "fake bake" all of the little highlights into the albedo because it is not possible to rely on SL to render the item the same way for everyone.  Thus far I have been having to take everything into Substance Painter and using the baked light filter there to get the job done.  I would love to find a workflow where I could simply do it all in 3dc and bake out the final textures right then and there.  

Unfortunately the quickstart light baking tool video does not give me enough meat to figure out how to do that on my own.  The attached image shows what i see in the 3d view with my test object vs the output albedo when i rendered and exported using a couple of lights.  I need all those highlights you can see in the small bit top right to show on the albedo.  Is there a way to make this happen for export?

output-view-help.jpg