3DCoat Forums

Hello

I have very little experience with command prompts and PC servers and such, so just excuse me for being really thick headed.

I just bought the 3D Coat floating license after using it for the first time at my university. I purchased the floating license because I would like to work on 3d coat on my desktop and laptop incase I am not home. I have been following the instructions from the http://pilgway.com/~sergyi/LinuxDocs/FServer.pdf

I followed the --How to install "FServer" under windows--- at the bottom of the first page and I get stuck at this part. 

You can point 3D-Coat client to the license server by entering IP:PORT of the license server instead of the client serial (for example 127.0.0.1:8888). It is convenient to run “FServer” as Windows Service, because it will stay running autonomously after logging off the user from the server. To do so enter in Command Prompt: > cd 3D-Coat-FServer > FServer_Service install This command installs “FServer” to the Windows Service Control Manager:

When I open up my windows Services I don't see 3DCoat anywhere.

I have a windows 10 pc

Here is a screenshot of what my ComProm looks like.

Also I don't know why but when I downloaded the 3D coat install file, there was 3 folders, but only the third one has the actual files.

12.jpg

123.jpg

Floating licensing scheme is designed to be used inside local company. Standalone license for laptop would be much more convenient because your will not need connection between your laptop and your local license server "FServer". Anyway according to your log local license server "FServer" has successfully acquired your license (the the first screenshot). To install as "Windows Service" do [RMB] START > Command Prompt (Admin) (pay attention to the Admin) > cd C:\3D-Coat-FServer > FServer_Service.exe install > [RMB] START > Computer Management > Services and Applications > Services > [RMB] 3D-Coat: FServer 1.8 Windows Service (32-bit) > Start (see the second screenshot). Close GUI "FServer" before starting service!
Additional information:
To make sure that client machine can connect to your local license server "FServer" on machine with "3DCoat" client run web browser and enter IP:PORT (by default PORT between local license server "FServer" and "3DCoat" client is 8888 and it can be changed with "Edit Port" button or inside plain text file "port.dat" within "FServer" folder) of your server hardware where you have installed "FServer". Find out IP of your server hardware from the list below "Found X interfaces" in "FServer" log (in your log these would be 127.0.0.1:8888 for the same machine or 10.0.0.97:8888 for other machine).
Run "3DCoat" client and instead of serial number enter the same IP:PORT combination which you used to monitor local license server "FServer" in web browser or manually edit plain text file "This PC > Documents > 3D-CoatV48\floating.dat" where "3DCoat" stores IP:PORT of local license server "FServer". You can also specify IP:PORT on client machine with environment variable COAT_FSERVER instead of plain text file "floating.dat" (under Windows 10 START > type Control Panel > View by: icons > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables... > System variables > New…).1. Log.jpg2. FServer-Service.jpg