3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Pose Line gradient not working in 3dcprinting

gman9500

Hi I just recently downloaded(yesterday)  3dcprinting and I am following the Sample Project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aZotcUOqGs

But at the point of 2:56 on the video where I use the Line tool nuder Pose , It doesn't display that red  gradient showing what will be moved. All I get is the  Gizmo tool displayed and rotating that does nothing. What am I missing?

I even  tried just doing a cylinder to see  if that could be posed  by moving the top half of cylinder and it didn't work

Below is a picture of after I draw the line.  No red gradient anywhere, just the circular gizmo and rotating it doesn't' move any part of the cylinder

My settings match the video so I don't know what is missing unless its a bug in the latest version

image.thumb.png.e17d2396462c2826d7179fbc8b6bfeea.png

It is definitely something with the version of 3DCprinting I"m using. I decided to see if Pose worked in 3d coat and it does. I get the red gradient after  using the line to chose the section I want to pose. Would like to know if anybody has this issue with the latest 3dcprinting version . The difference seems to be in 3dcoat, the gizmo thingie doesn't appear until after I draw the line, but in 3dcprinting as soon as I go to Pose its there and drawing the red line has no affect whatsoever in creating the red gradient. 

On 7/29/2018 at 9:26 PM, gman9500 said:

Hi I just recently downloaded(yesterday)  3dcprinting and I am following the Sample Project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aZotcUOqGs

But at the point of 2:56 on the video where I use the Line tool nuder Pose , It doesn't display that red  gradient showing what will be moved. All I get is the  Gizmo tool displayed and rotating that does nothing. What am I missing?

I even  tried just doing a cylinder to see  if that could be posed  by moving the top half of cylinder and it didn't work

Below is a picture of after I draw the line.  No red gradient anywhere, just the circular gizmo and rotating it doesn't' move any part of the cylinder

My settings match the video so I don't know what is missing unless its a bug in the latest version

image.thumb.png.e17d2396462c2826d7179fbc8b6bfeea.png

Hello! Try to select another brush on the e-panel13.png

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Pose Line gradient not working in 3dcprinting