3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Missing Scale

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Missing Scale
  • Reputable Contributor
On 7/31/2018 at 6:38 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Use gizmo + space to scale numerically.

Transform.jpg

Andrew, PLEASE change that back. I use the scale and rotation options in the Tool Panel most of the time, and it's the most intuitive place for them. Many new users will expect these basic options to be there...ESPECIALLY AFTER WATCHING TUTORIALS EXPLAIN THEIR USAGE

• Like 2

I'm a new user and I'm struggling with the missing "scale" command on import.    I haven't yet mastered all the manipulators (I'm not sure that I will, as I only need 3DCoat as an addon to Rhino).  

Can you please add it back?    Or, consider making a video showing a complete newbie how to do it with the manipulators?

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

We will add it, no problem. But do you need scale only? Or Axial scale too? Or rotation buttons as well?

All of them, please. I use them most of the time, because it's just to easy to accidentally move the widget handles when you try the LMB + SPACE technique. Plus, having the options in the Tool Options panel is where all new users will expect to see those controls.

• Carlosan changed the title to Missing Scale
On 8/26/2018 at 12:47 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

We will add it, no problem. But do you need scale only? Or Axial scale too? Or rotation buttons as well?

Thank you, Andrew.   I use 3DC to help me with the things Rhino can not do (Jewelry CAD).   I find 3DC extremely helpful. 

All I do is import obj meshes for booleans and smoothing;  sometimes a few other commands in the voxel room.   Then I export as stl for 3d printing.  The scale command on Import Mesh for Voxelization is important to me.

• 5 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Missing Scale
  • Advanced Member

Thanks, I deleted just the one that said "options"xml ,  do you mean ALL the Options xmls,  just deleting "options" xml did not work. I dont want to start deleting things I know nothing about at the moment , all my shortcuts need to work right now as I am working and I dont want to be messing about fixing stuff while I have a client waiting. I will use 25 beta until I get more time to look at it.