3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Importing / Exporting custom Splines object

Ruud

Hey guys,

I've got a question about importing / exporting custom spline objects. For my latest project: character i wanted to use a spline object to create a zipper for use with the curve / snake tool. First i made a zipper.obj in c4d, saved it to the "\3D-Coat-V4.8.18\VoxStamps\Splines" folder and then adding it to 3DC using this:

image.png.ae40106d894d1eca7c7580fd30d61f77.png

It worked although this option gave me no control about offsetting the object so the repetition was off. 

My 2nd attempt was importing the obj directly to 3DC sculpt room, then dragging it to the Curves panel. This worked quite well but i don't really understand the 2nd text line in the following popup:

image.png.0199029822895c0bf1b0160dd5e993fb.png

"Save object to Installation Folder/VoxStamps/Splines/". This sounds a bit like my first step but can someone explain this proces?

At first i thought the file would be added to the folder by 3DC but it shows no new files.

Here is my created shape. Once i know how to export it, i would love to share it with you:

image.thumb.png.f6039a2e82e3360876dbec01933b0073.png

Looking forward to your reply

Hey Carlosan,

Thanks for the reply. I've got it working but i can't see the newly created spline in the windows directory \3D-Coat-V4.8.18\VoxStamps\Splines. Am i looking in the wrong place or is there maybe a different way to export the spline.

Thank you

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Importing / Exporting custom Splines object