3DCoat Forums

Spin Edges

Montrose

Actually I found it, it is called "rotate", in some of the older documentation, found through google,  it called "spin" specifically, thus is hard to find for a noob one day in.

Much faster than  Add/Split Edges tool method.

I am really surprised this also did not make it into the first few intro videos on YouTube playlists I tried, nor on Plural site. 

If you, as a professional modeler,  have never uses this "spin" or "rotate" function in any of the packages, you should try it, it will speed up your workflow, edge-flow and efficiency on organics. 

Maybe, I should not be trying to learn a new software on a deadline, makes me grumpy, sorry about that. 

• Reputable Contributor
On 8/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, Montrose said:

Actually I found it, it is called "rotate", in some of the older documentation, found through google,  it called "spin" specifically, thus is hard to find for a noob one day in.

Much faster than  Add/Split Edges tool method.

I am really surprised this also did not make it into the first few intro videos on YouTube playlists I tried, nor on Plural site. 

If you, as a professional modeler,  have never uses this "spin" or "rotate" function in any of the packages, you should try it, it will speed up your workflow, edge-flow and efficiency on organics. 

Maybe, I should not be trying to learn a new software on a deadline, makes me grumpy, sorry about that. 

Well, it's covered in the Quick Start playlist (3DCoat Youtube Channel), covering that section of the Retopo Workspace's Tool panel (Commands Section), so it's there. And here is another one that is easily found on the same channel, if you search the channel for ROTATE: