3DCoat Forums

Nasty applink bug

haikalle

• Applink Developer

Hi! The bug is that  if write import.txt applink file where I separate objects and textures to go different folders. First it works as expected. But if I save 3b file and reopen 3d-coat and load 3b file

then when I export textures and objects to take them into blender applink, it will save textures into my object folder location. So my texture path information is gone. This is quite a nasty bug,

because it messes my blender applink script quite badly. 

Edited by haikalle

• Reputable Contributor
9 hours ago, haikalle said:

Hi! The bug is that  if write import.txt applink file where I separate objects and textures to go different folders. First it works as expected. But if I save 3b file and reopen 3d-coat and load 3b file

then when I export textures and objects to take them into blender applink, it will save textures into my object folder location. So my texture path information is gone. This is quite a nasty bug,

because it messes my blender applink script quite badly. 

Why do you need to send OBJ's and texture files to separate folders? I've never done this with any export and cannot think of a good reason why I would ever want/need to. How then can it be a nasty bug when it was never designed to be used this way?

• Applink Developer

Import.txt may have additional options in additional lines of the file.
* [SkipImport] allows to skip import dialog, default options will be used.
* [SkipExport] allows to skip export dialog. Previous settings will be used
* [TexOutput:… texture path there…] allows to specify textures output path. It should end with “\” or “/”
Set of export options could be changed using command like

Hi!

The Quote is from 3D-coat applink description documention. I have used TexOutput option in my blender applink script to keep files in order(Main folder has been 3DApplink and subfolders OBJECT and TEXTURES). It's not a big

of deal I can change this but I still count this a bug. Nasty to comes from when you first spend a lot of time to find a bug from your code :)