3DCoat Forums

UV mapp... a socks

GrzegorzWięcek

OK, thanks,

I want to put a fabric texture on it in a painting room after I'll sculpt the shape of the leg, and then retopo it.

Although, I'm affraid that most difficult part of the task  would  be to paint the pattern even/equally from all sides arround. Becouse it need to be perfectly equal/exact/precise/align.

Should I paint the pattern directly on UV map (is it possible to paint on UV's), or do I have to paint directly on an object?

Edited by GrzegorzWięcek

Now, the point is, that the pattern looks different then the one on the reference image, when I paint it using a brush pattern straight at the object. I think it would be better to paint straight on the UV map, but when I do so two things happens: 1/ the pattern is distorted (like on the attached image), and 2/ even when it is OK, the painted pattern is just single color without texture on it. My question is: Is it possible to paint texture (smart materials) straight on UV map, or is it possible to paint only a simple color on it? If you know what I mean ;)

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 13.00.57.png

Edited by GrzegorzWięcek

• Contributor

That's why I suggested PS where you can shape the image to UVs using Warp and Puppet Warp. It can be tedious but you can make the image follow the geometry better. Maybe one of our Smart Material gurus can suggest something better (Michaelgdrs?)

• Like 1