3DCoat Forums

Texture export badly!

Hi I am using the oficial 4.8.20(DX64) release.

But 3D Coat makes a real mess of my texture export! I was making a retexture for one of my morphs for Genesis 8 Female. I exported the OBJ from Daz, end work on it. When I was happy with my work I exported the textures but they turned out completely wrong! After a while I dit a try with just the import, and exported it without any work on it to Photoshop. This was such a disappointment! Really, it is completely messed up!

Now this is what I have in the 3D coat editor.

1023025198_3DCoat.thumb.PNG.dc753e38452b245944ebf7c19012e81b.PNG

And this is what I get in photoshop! Not only the texture is messed up! Its also not complete.

Photoshop.thumb.PNG.948e3c53f559e355a8d5faf61523ccdb.PNG

Can you pleas help me and explain what is going wrong here?

Lindy

It will take figures mapped with UDIM style mapping and stack all of the tiles so that they're all on top of one another in the 0,1 range. It can cause quite the jumbled mess.

Take a look at my post here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58159/previous-uvs-vs-udim-a-visual
That spread out layout is UDIM, the messy one is what it would look like if you were to collapse them.

As far as main Daz figures go, only Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 figures are UDIM. The rest are stacked by default. See my sig if you want UV sets to get Genesis 1 and 2 UDIM style.

source....

Please check this option

ITUVset.jpg

There's an option in your Daz obj export dialogue to collapse the UVs, which is an alternative to udim suggestion.

It would also give you a collapsed set of UVs to import into Genesis within Daz Studio, provided you export the base mesh without SubDiv.