3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Painting isn't working

Antidamage

I've imported a simple model, adjusted the UVs (which is why I love 3D coat so much) and now I'm trying to paint it, but the best I was able to do was to apply a smart material to a layer.

If I make a new layer and try to paint, say, green, nothing happens. I've checked the obvious stuff like layer opacity and brush opacity. Nothing is working through multiple reloads.

Also it's saying that it's running at thousands of FPS but it feels very slow and laggy, less than 1fps laggy.

I've started over a couple of times too and it feels like it can only paint in grayscale. Grayscale isn't enabled in the view options though.

Finally, even though I purchased an amateur license to mess around with, it's showing "Educational" in the title bar. Is this why the program is limited to grayscale?

Any advice?

Edited by Antidamage

Did that too and it made no difference. Lemme grab a screenshot...

So one problem here is it's using the smart material but there's no colour: 

V3Yrvkp.png

And if I paint on to layer 4 nothing happens, but if I paint into the texture editor I just get white:

7R3vQqP.png

Also painting is hideously slow. The last time it worked it wasn't this bad.

These are my view settings:

CMXb9D7.png

Edited by Antidamage

23 hours ago, stusutcliffe said:

Maybe hide the curvature layer and possibly the ambient acclusion layer and turn off show voxels . 

Tried all of that, made no difference.

17 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Will you share the model to take a look ?

Sure thing, lemme upload it.

Painting models is literally the last piece missing from my workflow so I'm champing at the bit to get into this. It's definitely working normally if I make a new document and go to paint a cube.

Update: I started over (I find the UV UI really difficult so I was avoiding this) and redid everything, in a new document the colours work. So please feel free to tell me what I did wrong in the attached document to strip it of colour.

box02.3b

Edited by Antidamage

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Painting isn't working